Chapter 24: Is chilvary dead?

Previously on WITS...

"So have you guys thought of a name".

Mia asked looking over at the baby as she let out a little cry.

Candice's mother stood up from the seat she was sitting on and bounced the baby moving around.

Candice and Nathan looked at each other smiling knowingly.

"We have". Nathan replied nodding at Candice.

Candice outstretched her hands to her mum to which her mum gave her the baby and as if knowing she was in her mother's arms, she instantly stopped crying.

"You all say hi to Venice"

*********

PRESENTLY....

"Why do I have to move in with you!!?"

I was currently on FaceTime with jerkface and I swear I wished it was a physical conversation so I could get physical.

"Would you just calm down and let me explain!"

At this point we were both heated up and I wondered why he was. My own reaction was justified.

It's been two weeks since the birth of Venice , two weeks since Seth found out as Vanny had the not so good idea of calling jerkface my boyfriend in the hospital that night when Seth questioned his presence.

How it happened? Well......

_____

2 weeks ago (Venice's birth)

"I don't know. I think she looks more like Candice" Liv gushed, kissing little Venice's cheeks as she laid her in her cradle.

"What do you think mace"

Candice asked Mason smiling. I could tell she just wanted to involve him in the conversation as he'd been quiet since they entered. Only word he uttered was a congrats to her. He did carry Venice at some point but that was about it.

"Uh" Mason started sounding unsure and noticeably uncomfortable. "I think she looks like Candice also"

He finally voiced out after the longest seconds ever.

"Well what would you know?" Seth chuckled. "This is family business, who are you anyways? Her bodyguard?" He asked, nodding towards me and I rolled my eyes at his antics. I knew he was out for trouble.

"That would depend on what you got as a meaning to a body guard cause I do in fact guard her body". Jerkface trailed his eyes down my body to make a point. And the surprise was evident on I and every other person's face in the room.

"What the..."

"That's Riele's boyfriend" Vanny cut off Seth and looked him dead in the eyes as he snapped his eyes to her.

The whole room fell silent after that and before everyone, Seth went home first.

*******

"So that's just it".

I heard jerkface round up and stared at him like a puppy caught in headlight.

"You didn't hear one word I just said, did you?"

Smiling sheepishly, I shook my head. He face palmed, obviously tired of me.

"This is actually important, the least you could do is listen". He spoke in a surprisingly soft way that made me wonder what could possibly have him all worked up.