Part 20 - Unraveling

It was June 1970, and Elvis and Brandi's fiery love affair showed no signs of slowing down. They had been together for almost a year now, their passion still burning bright like the Nevada sun. They had no plans of stopping anytime soon, and why would they? They were hopelessly in love, their hearts beating as one. Their love was a secret, hidden away from the prying eyes of the world, but to them, it was all that mattered. Both of them had ongoing contracts with the International Hotel that were said to end in 6 months.

Elvis and Brandi loved to attend each other's shows, relishing the opportunity to openly flirt in front of the audience. They dedicated songs to each other and exchanged knowing glances, fueling the rumors of their steamy romance. But their love wasn't just confined to the stage. Every other night, they found themselves in each other's arms, with Brandi often staying in Elvis' luxurious penthouse suite. Whenever Priscilla or John would come to Vegas, she would move back to her own suite, eager to keep their love hidden

But their little affair would soon start to unravel.

******

It was the beginning of August and Brandi was set to do the midnight show the next day. John was in town to attend his wife's concert.

It was close to 7 pm and Brandi was in the bathroom doing her daily bedtime routine. First, she washed her face with a gentle cleanser to remove any makeup or impurities. She then brushed her teeth, making sure to get all the corners and crevices. She gargled with mouthwash to leave her breath feeling fresh and clean.

John was busy in the study surrounded by bookshelves and the warm glow of lamplight. He sat at the desk, a large wooden surface cluttered with papers and files. He was a man of action, but his thoughts were far from business at this moment. They were focused on the woman he loved more than anything in this world: his wife, Brandi.

Just as Brandi was done with her bedtime routine she heard John's voice calling her from the study, "Sweetheart, can you please come here?"

"Be right there," she exclaimed.

A few minutes later, Brandi entered the study, her eyes taking in the warm, masculine surroundings.

"Brandi honey, please, have a seat," John said, gesturing to a chair across from his desk.

She walked over to the chair across from his desk and sat down, her expression guarded. She knew that her husband was a man of few words but when he wanted to talk he meant business.

John leaned forward, his eyes piercing as he looked at her. "I'ma ask you something and I need you to be honest with me, okay?" he said, his voice low and steady.

"What is it, John? What's wrong?" she asked, concern etched in her features.

John leaned forward in his chair and looked at her with furrowing eyebrows.

"How long," John asked.

"What? What do you mean how long?" Brandi asked confused.

"How long have you and Elvis been sleeping together?" He asked calmly without flinching.

Brandi's eyes widened in shock "I don't know wha-," She protested but John cut her off. Her face went pale, and she started to shake her head.

"Don't lie to me, Brandi," John said. "I have people who keep a close eye on things, and they've reported that you and Elvis have been spending time together and all sort of shit, don't lie to me, how long?" He continued, trying to hide the pain in his voice.

John was a loving and caring husband, he never raised his voice or showed any signs of anger towards Brandi ever and he was not about to start now.

He was always there to listen, to comfort and to support her in any way he could.

She is the light of John's life, and he cherishes every moment they spend together. He is always attentive to her needs, never neglecting her or making her feel unimportant. He is a true partner in every sense of the word, always putting her first and making sure she is happy.

There was a long silence before Brandi finally spoke. "Almost a year," she said quietly. Brandi looked down at her hands, not meeting John's gaze.

John leaned back, took a deep breath, and let out a long sigh.

He was a hard and rugged man, he already knew it, but hearing her say it out loud, split his heart in two.

But he was a smart man, he knew why his wife cheated on him. He knew the love Brandi had for Elvis, and that he would never be able to compete with it. He was also a very understanding man, especially when it came to her, his love for her was unwavering and unmistakable.

John had suspected it for a while, but he had been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"I want you to end it..." He let out.

"Tonight," John continued.

Brandi looked at him, tears welling in her eyes. "John please -"

"I love you, Brandi," John said, his voice soft. "But I won't tolerate this kind of behavior. You need to choose. It's me or him."

Brandi stood there for a moment, tears streaming down her face.

Then, with a heavy heart, she made her choice.

"I'll go talk to Elvis now," Brandi said as she lowered her head.

John just nodded his head as he watched Brandi walk out of the study and close the door behind her.