Part 3 - First Date

As Elvis pulled up to Brandi's house the day after the party, he felt like he was going to be sick. His nerves were shot and with each step, he took towards the big red door, his palms grew clammy, and beads of sweat dotted his brow.

Puzzled by his sudden lack of confidence, Elvis tried to push aside his unease as he raised a trembling hand to knock on the door. The only thing he can think of was making a good impression on Brandi's parents. 

After what felt like an eternity, the door creaked open, revealing Mr. Lockwood standing on the threshold, his expression stern as he eyed Elvis with suspicion.

"Can I help you?" Mr. Lockwood asked, in a gruff voice.

For a moment, Elvis felt as though he had been caught in the headlights, his throat suddenly dry as he struggled to find the right words. Clearing his throat, he forced himself to meet Mr. Lockwood's gaze. 

"Hi, sir, I'm here to pick up Brandi for our date," Elvis managed to say, trying to sound confident. Mr. Lockwood gave him a once-over, his expression unreadable, before nodding curtly.

"Come on in," he replied, stepping back to allow Elvis entry. "Let's have a chat before you take my daughter out."

Elvis followed Mr. Lockwood into the living room, his heart pounding in his chest as he took a seat on the couch. Across from him, Brandi's dad settled into an armchair, his gaze steady as he regarded Elvis with a mixture of scrutiny and curiosity.

As the silence stretched between them, Elvis's palms grew clammy, his mind racing with all the possible questions Mr. Lockwood might ask. He swallowed hard, trying to quell the rising tide of nerves within him.

"So, Elvis, tell me about yourself," Mr. Lockwood began, folding his arms across his chest.

Elvis took a deep breath. "Well, sir," he started, "I'm a musician, just like Brandi. I sing and play guitar, and music is a huge part of my life."

Mr. Lockwood raised an eyebrow, his skepticism evident. "Rock and roll, huh? That's not exactly what I'd call respectable music," he remarked, his tone bordering on disapproval. "What do you think of classical music?"

Elvis shifted uncomfortably, feeling the weight of Mr. Lockwood's scrutiny. A part of him couldn't help but question the validity of the interrogation, considering that rock 'n roll was the very genre Brandi herself pursued.

 "Uh, I don't really listen to it much, sir," he admitted. "But I do respect it as an art form."

Mr. Lockwood nodded thoughtfully, seeming to accept Elvis's response. "Fair enough," he conceded. "And what are your intentions with my daughter?" he asked, his gaze piercing as he waited for Elvis's answer.

"Well, uh, sir," Elvis began, his voice steady despite his unease, "my intentions with Brandi are genuine. I admire her talent and her passion for music, and I simply want to get to know her better. I promise to treat her with the utmost respect and to ensure she has a good time tonight."

Mr. Lockwood studied Elvis for a moment, his expression softening slightly. "I appreciate your honesty, Elvis," he said finally.

As Mr. Lockwood prepared to continue his questioning, Brandi walked into the room, a bright smile lighting up her face. "Oh, Daddy, stop teasin' him," she chided gently, moving to plant a kiss on her father's cheek.

Elvis freezed the moment he laid his eyes on her. She looks even more beautiful to him than last night and he doesn't know how that is even possible. Brandi makes her presence known. She wore a little white sundress cinched with a brown bel accentuating her slender waist, paired with matching t-cross heels.