Part 15 - Vegas After Party '69

As the curtain finally came down, Elvis stood up from his kneeling position, and a crowd of aids rushed to his side, supplying him with towels, water, and congratulations on a good show. Without saying or doing anything else, he turned straight to Sonny and uttered with a serious face, "Go and invite Brandi up to the suite, NOW," he demanded with sweat dripping from his brow. Sonny just nodded and returned to the showroom to see if he could find Brandi.

Elvis then, in a swarm of bodyguards and aids, headed straight up to his suite that took up the whole top floor of the International

******

After the thunderous applause subsided, the energy in the showroom began to settle. Some people left the showroom, and some sat a bit longer to try and get a glimpse of Brandi, who graciously remained a while longer. She dedicated time to interact with fans, posing for photos and signing autographs.

Meanwhile, Sonny emerged from backstage, his eyes scanning the room until they locked onto Brandi, still seated at her booth, surrounded by fans. He was relieved that she was still there and that he had caught her in time; otherwise, Elvis would've kicked his ass if he had missed her.

Sonny made his way through the last group of people and, upon reaching the booth, Brandi greeted him with a warm smile. "Sonny! It's been ages. It's so good to see you again!" Brandi exclaimed, her face lighting up with a warm smile as she enveloped him in a tight hug.

It's good seeing you too, BB," Sonny replied, returning the smile. "It sure as hell has been a long time."

After a bit more catching up, Sonny finally revealed the purpose of his visit. "Hey B," he began, his tone hesitant. "The thing is... Elvis asked for you. He wants to see you."

Brandi's heart leaped with eagerness, but without showing it she replied composed, "Mmm, Sonny I don't think it's such a good idea, I mean we haven't seen each other in a long time, I ... I can't go up to his suite, he's probably still mad at me for what happened all those years ago .. I.." Her words were tinged with a touch of regret, but she remained composed.

"BB, we're throwin' a party up there, and you won't be the only guest. C'mon, he'd be thrilled to see you. If he were still mad at ya, I wouldn't be out here fetching you, but he asked, more like demanded, and he really needs to see you," Sonny said desperately to succeed at the task Elvis had given him.  Brandi had come to see Elvis's show, after all, so there couldn't be much harm in reuniting with the man. Right?

Though the wounds from their past were still fresh and jagged, Brandi reluctantly agreed, "Oh, Sonny, why not?"

Turning to Edith, Natalie, and Anita, she asked, "You guys wanna go up to Elvis's suite? They're throwin' a party up there, and we're invited."

Anita was quick to reply, "Yes, I'm game! Sounds like fun!"

Edith chimed in, "Count me in too!"

"Then it's settled. We're going," Brandi said.