Part 11 - If You're Looking for Trouble ...

In May of 1962, Elvis and Brandi embarked on a house-hunting expedition in sunny Beverly Hills, CA, accompanied by their entourages—a mix of old and new friends. Brandi's group included Edith, Joanie (Joe's wife), Patsy (Elvis's double first cousin), Jo (Elvis's cousin Billy's wife), Pat (Red's wife), and the latest addition to the gang, Angelique Lopez.

Elvis's entourage, on the other hand, boasted a notably larger lineup. It consisted of Red, Sonny, Lamar, Marty, Alan, Mark, Joe, Larry, Charlie, Jerry, and George. In a playful nod to Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack, Elvis had recently taken to dressing them all in matching black mohair suits and sunglasses. This distinctive style caught the media's attention, who promptly dubbed them the "Memphis Mafia," a nickname that stuck.

******

June was showing off its best side when Elvis and Brandi stumbled upon their dream home in Bel Air, Beverly Hills. Pulling up to 10550 Rocca Place, they exchanged a look that said it all – this was the one. Their very first home together, and they couldn't wait to put their stamp on it.

The house itself was a sight to behold: a sprawling 8,300-square-foot mansion nestled on 1.7 acres of lush greenery. With six bedrooms and seven bathrooms, it was like it was tailor-made for them and their crew. And let's not forget about that driveway. It wasn't just any old driveway; it was their ticket to privacy and security, especially with the craziness that sometimes came with being in the public eye.

Strolling through the house, taking in every corner, Elvis and Brandi were practically bouncing with excitement. You could see it in their eyes – this place was more than just walls and windows; it was the start of something big for them. So, they didn't waste a second. They grabbed that lease, packed their bags, and dove headfirst into this exciting new chapter in their beautiful new home.

 They grabbed that lease, packed their bags, and dove headfirst into this exciting new chapter in their beautiful new home

******

Despite Elvis and Brandi being in a committed relationship for the past six years and living together without being married, this fact was widely known to the public. However, some female fans, fueled by unrealistic hopes, gathered regularly at the gates of Rocca Place, dreaming of capturing Elvis's heart for themselves.

The particular fans in question didn't like Brandi all that much and considered her a whore for shacking up with Elvis out of wedlock. As far as they were concerned, as long as there was no ring on Brandi's finger, every girl had a fighting chance to win the ultimate prize—Elvis himself.

One afternoon, as Brandi returned from a shopping trip in her little red Porsche, she encountered these overly jealous fans who had gathered at the gate. When she reached out to buzz herself in, things went from bad to worse in the blink of an eye. Two of those overzealous fans lunged forward and yanked Brandi out of her car, sending her crashing to the ground. Now, Brandi might be petite, standing at just 5 feet 5 inches and weighing 123 pounds, but these fans were built like linebackers in comparison.

The two fans, relentless in their attack, continued their aggression toward Brandi. Desperate to escape, she created some distance between herself and the assailants, rushing toward the intercom by the gate. In a state of terror, she screamed, "Red, Elvis, HELP!" The press of the button activated the speaker inside the house, and everyone within could hear what was going on outside.