Part 5 - Graceland SMUT

In 1957, Elvis and Brandi had been going steady for ten months. As news of their romance spread across the country, the press hounded them relentlessly, trying to get more information. But they always kept their answers short and sweet, not wanting to give too much away. 

The truth was, they had become inseparable; everywhere they went, they were like two halves of a whole. They knew each other's thoughts and feelings, sometimes without even speaking. It was a bond that seemed almost cosmic, and anyone who saw them together could sense it.

It was a fortunate thing for Elvis and Brandi that they didn't have to be separated for long periods of time. Despite being two of the hottest acts in the northern half of the world, they managed to travel and perform together frequently, spending as much time together as possible. Even when they were apart, they would talk to each other on the phone every night, even if it was just sharing how their day went or how much they missed each other - they never skipped a day.

They were like two peas in a pod, inseparable and forever dreaming of their future together – a future painted with hues of matrimony and the laughter of children. November '56 whispered promises of a wedding, yet the meddling hands of their managers, Colonel Tom Parker and Andy Jeppes, intervened. Under the guise of 'not the right time,' their plans were thwarted. But beneath this thin veil of caution lay a deeper fear in the hearts of their managers: the fear of them losing their most prized talents.

Nonetheless, their relationship continued to thrive, and their faces were splashed across the front pages of every newspaper in the country.

Their fame as individual stars skyrocketed in the last year. Elvis had two upcoming films in the pipeline called 'Loving You' and 'Jailhouse Rock', as well as his first movie soundtrack that he needed to record. Not to mention, he already boasted an impressive catalog of two studio albums and 48 singles, a remarkable feat for someone so young, all achieved amidst a whirlwind of non-stop live performances spanning nearly two years.

On the flip side, Brandi underwent a striking transformation, dyeing her hair blonde and adopting the moniker 'BB,' earning her the title of the 'blonde bombshell.' Her career took her across the pond to Britain for her second film, 'The Prince and the Showgirl,' a project that mercifully concluded within two months. With a couple of studio albums to her credit, she crisscrossed the country, captivating audiences with her live performances, including memorable appearances at the Louisiana Hayride. In exceedingly rare instances, she and Elvis would call each other on stage to perform duets together much to the dissaproval of their managers.

In February of '57, Brandi penned and dedicated the ultimate love ballad to Elvis, called 'Lover'. The song gave the public a glimpse into her relationship with Elvis and the inseparable bond the two shared with lyrics like 'Can I go wherever you go?'.

The song hit #1 on the Billboard 100 in a matter of days and stayed there for weeks. Below are the lyrics to the song:

"...We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January

This is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out and take me home
You're my, my, my, my
Lover

We could let our friends crash in the living room
This is our place, we make the call
And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
I've loved you one summer now, honey, but I want 'em all

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out and take me home (Forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Lover