Part 10 - Reunion SMUT

On March 5, 1960, Elvis was officially discharged from active duty. Memphis was blanketed with an unseasonably heavy snowstorm, adding an unusual backdrop to the momentous occasion. It was a dark morning, but amidst the snowfall, Elvis stood tall in his dress blues and hat, smiling, waving, and illuminated by hundreds of flashbulbs. He was beyond handsome, and at 170 pounds, he was lean and positively glowing with vitality. No actor in Hollywood could have approached his magnificence on that day.

That same evening, Elvis and his group embarked on a private railroad car journey to Washington, D.C. On March 6, 1960, while in Washington, they boarded another private railway car, this time on the 'Tennessean,' scheduled to depart for Memphis at 8:05 am. Elvis was beyond excited to finally head home after two years away, eager to reunite with his family, and, of course, most of all, with Brandi.

The closer he got to Memphis, the memory of his 'secret' rendezvous back in Germany which was not so much of a secret, weighed heavily on his heart. It gnawed at him from within, a persistent weight of guilt. He was acutely aware of the wrongdoing, the betrayal of her trust, and the betrayal of the love of his life.

Elvis remained awake throughout the night and the entire journey to Memphis, wrestling with his thoughts. He was torn between whether to confess the truth to Brandi or to keep silent about his deception. However, unable to face the guilt and the potential consequences of his actions, he chose to bury the truth deeper within himself, attempting to suffocate the guilt and avoid confronting it altogether.

******

Remaining dedicated to his fans, Elvis appeared on the observation platform, enthusiastically waving to the crowds that gathered at every station, large and small, along the route.

As the journey continued, Memphis reporters joined the entourage as the train made stops at Grand Junction around 6:15 A

As the journey continued, Memphis reporters joined the entourage as the train made stops at Grand Junction around 6:15 A.M. and then at Buntyn Station just over an hour later. Throughout this time, Elvis continued to wear his blue Army uniform, which had been custom-made for him in Germany.

However, there was an error in the uniform: the tailor had mistakenly provided him with the stripes of a staff sergeant instead of the sergeant rank at which he was discharged.

Elvis proudly displayed his blue uniform, complete with the Good Conduct ribbon and Expert's medal for marksmanship. As the trip progressed, he changed into one of the two formal lace shirts gifted to him by Nancy Sinatra, Frank Sinatra's nineteen-year-old daughter, on behalf of her father during their time at Fort Dix.

******

When the train arrived at its destination at 7:45, a crowd of approximately two hundred fans, reporters, and curious onlookers had swarmed the station. Despite the snowy weather and the icy wind, the crowd chanted, 'We want Elvis,' as they huddled behind a six-foot-high wrought-iron fence.

The conductor, H. D. Kennamer, greeted Elvis as he disembarked, saying, "It was nice to have you aboard." 

Elvis, in response, extended his gratitude, replying, "Thank you, sir." With a renewed sense of determination, he stepped back into the life he had once known.