Chapter 86

Julia

Hanno set out to find accommodation for the two dragons, no, hikers, but no one wanted to take them in. Some even asked him to chase them away. In the end, they stayed with Leopold's family and new sleep arrangements had to be made.

Peter, when he learned what the two newcomers were, had stared at the two dragons in bewilderment and then made them all laugh. "Dragons? Rea ones? Real, big dragons? With scales and wings and fire? Can I pet you?"

Fiete and Josefine stared at him speechlessly, while the rest of the group laughed.

The new sleeping arrangements looked like this: Finn slept on the sofa in the living room and Mako as a wolf in front of it. Fiete had also turned into a wolf so that he could sleep on the floor and didn't need a bed. Flora had given the two wolves soft blankets on which they could lie. Julia and Peter stayed in the guest room. Together with Josefine.

By now it was early morning and loud voices woke her up. Someone was angrily banging on a door. Julia blinked and sat up, noticing a purring weight on her body. Josefine. Or rather... Josef? Now that he was no longer human, but a black, little cat with orange paws... The cat protested with a meow against the sudden movement and then curled up purring under the blanket on her lap.

"Is it morning already?", murmured Peter, stretching out. "What is that noise?"

"I don't know. Hopefully nothing bad." Julia yawned, took the small, purring cat in her arms, and climbed out of bed. Tired, she opened the door of the guest room and looked around the corner. Hanno just opened the front door, in front of which stood a few bad-tempered elves. Finn, Marko, and Fiete were also awake. The three stood just as curiously at the living room door. Marko and Fiete were still in wolf form.

"We are in the middle of an uprising! A revolution! And you take in strangers? What if they're the Queen's spies?", said an outraged elf with dark skin and snow-white dragonfly wings. "Besides, I saw the hostages outside yesterday! The eldest said they were locked up!"

Hanno snorted and ruffled his hair in annoyance. "Spies? Such nonsense. They got lost and we help them. That's it. And our so-called 'hostages' are children. Teenager! Who locks up children? It's cruel!"

"Then hand them over to us if you're too soft!", the elf grumbled. "I like to lock them up! I'm happy to show the princess what we think of her and her family!" His gaze fell on Julia. Nervously, she scurried back into the guest room, while Hanno continued to argue with the other elves.

Peter followed her. Finn, Marko, and Fiete also came into the guest room. The dragon turned back into a human and stopped in the doorway with a furrowed brow.

"Friendly, these elves. Really friendly. I get hungry...", he murmured.

"What?" Alarmed, Peter looked at him.

Fiete winked at him in amusement. "Don't worry, young man. I'm a nice dragon. Right? Nephew?"

Josef took this as an opportunity to transform back as well, which led to Julia now having a young dragon in human form sitting on her lap. She missed the soothing feeling of the purring cat.

"Oops!", cried Josefine and tried to climb off Julia's lap, but Julia wrapped her arms around her, causing Josefine to laugh as she tried to get up. "Hey!" She pulled Julia off the bed and both lost their balance, giggling. Josefine couldn't get around to answering her uncle's question with laughter.

Peter watched the spectacle with raised eyebrows, while Marko had other plans. He threw himself on the two girls lying on the floor and licked Julia's face. "Marko!", she scolded, laughing. And to top it all off, Marko transformed back.