Chapter 53

Finn

Tired, he stretched and pulled the duvet over his head. Next to him, he heard a quiet protest. Confused, he sat up. Julia lay on his side and slept. Leopold was also asleep and had his arm around her. The protest had come from Marko, who was lying kind of around Finn and whose belly, as he now realized, he had used as a pillow.

In the evening, Marko rushed to him and asked for a hot chocolate for the princess. Finn wondered at first why Marko didn't take care of it himself, but then he remembered that Marko had burned the last hot chocolate and Sophie had forbidden him to cook. Leopold had laughed about it for days. Shortly afterward he saw the frightened princess and he realized that Marko and Leopold thought that they should all be with her. Finn silently agreed. The princess was now like a sister to him. Even though he was her servant.

Marko muttered a little in his sleep and stretched out his arm in search of Finn. At the same time, Julia pulled on the duvet and stole it from Marko and him. Marko was not happy about this and frowned. Finn grinned and climbed out of bed. He urgently needed to go to the bathroom.

Julia had been so frightened that all three of them had stayed with her... However, Finn couldn't remember falling asleep. Quietly he crept into the princess's bath. When he came out of the bathroom a little later, a person stormed inside the room.

"Good morning little sister!" Prince Peter came inside. He wore a light blue nightgown and his dressing gown over it. Surprised, he looked at the sleeping people on Julia's bed and the wolf that had just come out of her bathroom.

"Wild night?", he asked while Julia sat up yawning, Leopold pulled the blanket over his head and Marko looked like he was trying to remember his name.

"Good morning, Your Highness", Finn greeted the prince.

"Nice nightgown!" Julia climbed out of her bed and shuffled to the bath.

"Isn't it?" Peter spun in circles so that the fabric fluttered around his legs. "I dressed up for Babette. And what did you do? Wildly celebrated with your servants?"

Marko climbed out of the princess's bed and stood next to Finn to hug him. "Celebrate?", he murmured, confused. "Where? Isn't the ball already over?"

"We didn't celebrate," Leopold answered the question and tidied the bed. "We kept the princess company." Said princess had meanwhile disappeared into the bathroom.

"I can see that." Peter looked at the three servants. "And in her bed!"

"We must have fallen asleep..." Finn leaned against Marko, who had his face buried in his shoulder. "The Vampire Prince scared the princess, so we stayed with her."

"Marlon? He scared her?" Now the prince seemed alarmed. "What happened?"

"He tried to drink her blood. We were able to stop him. Apparently, he expects to be married to her in two years." Leopold shook Marko, from whom came soft snoring. He looked up irritated. "You're leaning on Finn. You're certainly too heavy! And you are sleeping in front of the prince!"

"What prince?" Marko let go of Finn.

Immediately, Finn missed his weight. He had hardly leaned on him and had therefore not been too heavy. "Prince Peter?", he helped Marko. "The one standing in front of us?"

Marko blinked, looking at the prince. "Are you wearing a dress?"

Leopold groaned.