Bonus 8

Ingried sat smiling in her small office in the largest law firm in the capital and ate her lunch, which her husband had brought her since she had forgotten it on the kitchen table. She considered herself lucky. After leaving the castle, she studied. At university, she met and fell in love with Adam. The two married in the circle of friends, and family, and a few weeks later she started as a lawyer at the law firm where she still worked.

Her latest case was not an easy one.

A young girl who had been caught stealing several times, and who was now threatened with several years in prison. Ingried wanted to prevent this, but how?

The girl had stolen because her parents did not have enough money to feed their children, and the girl, who was only seventeen, had wanted to help. The family was desperate. The next problem was. that the girl was dating a werewolf. The servant of a rich family. This, too, was a serious offense. Especially since the family suspected that the girl wanted to flee with her boyfriend. Something that would not be possible for the young wolf because he was tied to the family. The escape was probably no more than a common dream. But the thought alone was enough for a verdict.

How should Ingried prevent the heavy penalty for both?

There was no loophole in the law that she could take advantage of. The fact was, she could not help the girl. She would lose the case.

Sighing, she put the rest of her bread aside.

The increasingly strict laws were a thorn in her side.

Her mother was a tyrant.

Ingried was glad to have left. It was the best decision she had ever made.

Should she leave the country altogether?

But where should she go? And would her husband come with her? Did Adam want to leave the country?

The swampland was not a good place for humans, as the ruling vampires demanded that their human citizens give blood on which they fed.

The steppe? The centaurs were reserved for humans. They tolerated them in their country but stayed away from them. There were only a few human settlements as far as Ingried knew. And life there was hard because the summers were very hot. The desert? No. She didn't want to live in a desert. And the dragons were dangerous. This was not a place for them.

Nothing is easy. If something does not happen soon, it will hardly be possible to live in peace and freedom.

(c: sasi)