Chapter 77

Julia

In the morning, Marko walked back and forth in front of the bed. He was restless. The full moon was approaching. Finn had curled up under the duvet and looked longingly out of the small window. Julia stroked his back. The door to the bathroom opened and Peter came out. His hair smelled freshly washed. "I'm grateful that we got fresh clothes, but..." He tugged at his simple clothes. "A little more glamour wouldn't hurt!" He wore his wedding jewelry and tried to bring some shape into his hair.

Julia grinned. "What would you like?"

"An evening dress, probably!", snorted Marko. "I have to get out of here! I'm going crazy inside!" He kicked the door. Finn pulled the blanket over his head with a sigh.

"Hm..." Peter grabbed some grapes from the breakfast that Leopold's mother had probably brought them before they woke up. "I would like an evening dress... What do you think ... A red dress with rubies?"

"Midnight blue", Julia suggested.

"I'd like that." He poured himself a cup of cold coffee.

Marko kicked the door again. "Let me out!", he shouted angrily.

"You should calm down", Peter admonished him. "We can't get out of here!"

"And what do we do now?" Finn peeked out from under the duvet.

"I had a vision. The plan of the elves will not work. I need to talk to Leo. Or the elder!" Julia petted his hair. "We have to get out of the village."

"Out of here?" Marko now sat down on the bed and carefully pulled Finn towards him. "Why?"

"Soldiers will come and burn everything down." She sighed. "I have to warn them."

"What for?" Peter sat down next to the dresser. "The elf betrayed you."

"And that's why the elves deserve to lose their homes? Their life? We're not just talking about him! His parents, friends, children..."

"His parents are holding us captive here..." Marko looked out the window. "I want to get out!"

"Flora seems nice", Finn interjected. "I like her... I think."

Julia nodded. "If I can't talk to Leo, maybe I can talk to her. And don't worry Marko, we'll get out of here. I don't know how, but we get out of here."

"Did you see that?"

"Yes. I did!"

Marlon

He looked out the window of his large room. Light fog lay over the marshland. Two shadows flew in the distance. The dragons. He had never managed to approach them. Every time he tried to track them down, they were untraceable. Should he try again? Maybe he was lucky...

His own dragon... Before his sister came back with her weak fiancé. That would bring him one step closer to his goal. But which of the two dragons should he choose? The mother or the cub? The mother would defend her child.

Yes. He wanted to go hunting a dragon!

Satisfied, he strolled to the room with the red door. He was thirsty.

A group of people was sitting there. They watched him with bored eyes.

"You there!" He pointed to a young woman with short hair. She followed him to one of the sofas and sat down on his lap without resistance. He into her throat without hesitation. Warm blood gushed into his mouth. Delicious.

He drank until his thirst was satisfied. The woman whimpered from time to time, but he didn't care. When he was done, he sent her back to the other mortals. Without a word, he left the room and got ready for the hunt. Sturdy clothes and shoes, as well as a strong rope that resisted fire and a knife that he had dipped in a strong sedative made from herbs. Hopefully, this would be enough.