Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Dana's POV:

I know what he's doing and I think I'm okay with it? Maybe I'm not and I don't know how to tell him. Or maybe I'm scared that I'll ruin future job opportunities? I honestly don't know but it would be nice to watch the firm get ruined for wage theft.

When I see him shut the laptop with a hard thud, I take my chance and walk over to the dining table. He gives me eye contact for just a second too long so I ask,

"So, who is the lead attorney on the wage theft cases?"

He looks stunned but quickly recovers.

"Someone called Rome. Like the city Rome in Italy. Who names their kid Rome?-" He stops ranting long enough to notice my face. "Why do have that look?"

"What look?"

"Don't lie. That look, like you know something."

"I don't have a look."

"Yes, you do. Who's Rome?"

"Justin, please."

"Dana, don't lie."

Don't lie? Like you haven't lied to me since I found out I got this job?

"He's my boss's boyfriend."

"Did you and him do anything?"

"What? Oh my gosh, no! I would never cheat on you."

"Right because you were so hesitant to take the job."

"If you didn't want me to take, why didn't you just say that?!"

He was silent. His month twitched but nothing escaped. He tapped on the table and took a deep breath.

"I'm going for a walk." He left with the door slamming on the way. I let out a muffled scream and punched the nearest soft pillow I could find.

All this lying because he didn't want me to take the job. All of it.

And I fell for it. I actually fell for it.

A/N: Hello humans, how are you? That was really intense. Do you like these chapters where there's only one scene?
Also; Who is the victim here? Is it Dana or Justin? Vote in the comments below. Thank you taking the time to read this book, we're almost to the end. Thinking about another two chapters or so.