Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Dana's POV:

After McDonald's, I tell Justin that I am headed home. I pick up my trash and threw it in the garbage can in the kitchen. He walks me to the front door.

"Hey, thanks for coming. I had a great time." He said. This comment made all the butterflies appear in my stomach. I smile as my heart is pounding.

"T-Thanks." I said and ran out to the side walk. It was lit up by streetlights. The street seemed to get darker and darker as I walked to the station.

As I reach the station, the rats raced to every crack to of the station. I get on the last train of the night. I get on and see a drunk guy passed out in front of me. He is sleeping and is spread out on a row of chairs.

I see the yellow lit up sign that says the station names. My station is North Western Train Station. I see the drunk guy is starting to steer awake. He sits up and looks at me like prey. I shift in my seat uncomfortably as I see the words "NORTH WESTERN" start to go across the screen. I get up and start holding on to the pole.

I really need to get out of here. I'm exhausted.

Once the train stops, I bolt from the train and run across the platform to the elevators. I look back to see the guy is too drunk to follow me. I get into the elevators and let out a breath.

I get to my apartment without incident and immediately my phone starts to ring. I don't bother to look at the caller ID because I don't want to talk to them very long.

"Hello," I put my phone on speaker and put it down on the kitchen counter. I get nothing for a few seconds. "Hello?!," I yell again.

"Hey babe." A raspy voice said. I already knew it was Justin. I smiled at the thought of us talking. I went to get my phone and get it off speaker.

"Hey babe. Miss me already?" I ask, flirting with him a bit. My stomach has butterflies.

"Yes. I miss youuuuuuuuuuu." He spreads out the "u." I laugh at his idiocy. He laughs too.

"I really did have a great time tonight." He says. My heart skips a beat. I don't remember feeling this way when Lucas dumped me in undergrad.

"Thanks. I have to go. I'm tired." I say. He sighs.

"Okay. I hope you sleep well." He says. I hang up. Suddenly I get a weird feeling that someone is watching me. I look to my window and see that it's closed but the blinds are open.

That's weird. I always close them. I quickly close it and think nothing of it. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I went straight to bed. My eyes started to get heavy as soon as my head hits the pillow. Soon, I drifted off to dreamland.

*Dream*

"Dana, where are you?!" I hear Lucas scream as I am getting ready for my English class. I finish putting on sunscreen before I reply,

"In the bathroom!"

"Hurry up, I need to use it!" He seems desperate. I quickly get out. He grabs my arm on the way out,

"Don't ever use the bathroom before me." He whispers and holds my arm tight. I nod, trying to hold in my tears.

"Good." He let's go of my arm.

*End of Dream*

I wake up screaming. I don't know why because that definitely wasn't the scariest dream  I've had about Lucas. Lucas is just a completely horrible, terrible person.

A/N: That is chapter 6. I'll show more of Lucas in the coming chapters. How did you like the taste of Lucas? Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed it.