Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Dana's POV:

I race back to my room, trying to process what happened. My mind is racing with thoughts and no thoughts. Indeed my mind and eyes are messing with me. I didn't see or hear him. I imagined things. Right? RIGHT?

It wasn't long before my phone buzzed with a Facetime call with Justin. I sighed in relief. I picked up the call, trying to fix my hair.

"Hey!" He was smiling from ear to ear. "What happened to you?"

I smiled to try to calm my racing heart. When I couldn't hear it anymore, I spoke.

"Nothing. How are you?" I, for once, was happy. The heater kicked on; the loud bang startled me as I jumped out of my skin. He looked like a tiger ready to pounce, and jumped from his seat.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" His voice was laced with anger and concern. I stared in the direction of the heater.

"Nothing, it was just the heater." I rationalized, relaxing on the couch. The fabric was soft but not cloud soft.

"Lunch later?" He asked, hope filling his voice. I yawned at the question. "Go take a nap."

"It's only ten in the morning. I shouldn't be tired." I yawned again. He raised his eyebrows.

"Did you sleep on the plane?" He questions. I nod but yawning gets in the way.

"Go. Take. A. Nap." He broke up each word as if that would make it more commanding.

"No, I-I want to keep talking to you," My eyes started to feel heavy.

"Dana. Dana. Dana!" He ended up screaming the last word. I nod.

"Yeah, I'll go take a nap," I admit. He smiles at the confirmation. He loves being right.

I hung up the phone and tossed it on the couch. The bed never looked more comfortable, if I'm being honest. I crawl under the covers like a mole digging its hole for protection. The warm blankets hit my body. The heater shuts off, making a crackling noise. Of course, the heater is broken.

A/N: Trying to think of an ending. 🙃 thanks for reading! Vote and comment if you liked it.