Chapter 27

Chapter 27
*New York*
Justin's POV:

I took a breath as Lucas walked into my office. He didn't say anything at first.
"Don't. Speak." I said, firmly. He closed his mouth promptly. "Why did you do this?"

"I was doing what you asked." He said, confused. My hands were clutched. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

"No, I told you to stop. You didn't. She was going to come home." I said, slowly. With each word I said, I was becoming angrier and angrier.

"I just made that decision easier on her." He said, laughing. Was this funny to him?

"I know that lawsuit was fake. I know it was to get back at them for finding out you lied about your degree. " I said. Taking a deep breath, I continued. "Dana broke up with you her senior year of college."

"Yeah, and?" He chuckled. This is going to be so good.

"Dana interned at the California firm during her 2L year. You were in your 3L year. Somehow y'all never crossed paths. You lied about your degree. You didn't get it during that year. You quit and then tried to file a lawsuit."

"Yes." He gulps.

"Except that was a year ago. Now it has come out that the lawsuit was fake." I grabbed a pen.

"You should've checked the dates." He scoffed.

"No, because you dropped it the week you flew to California." I stepped closer to him. "The firm doesn't even know about the charges that you convinced Dana not to press."

"H-How do you know all this?" He asked. I smirked.

"When she was looking for a job after she graduated, we talked. She told me everything." This was amazing.

"What did s-she t-tell you?" His hands were starting to sweat.

"Just about the four-year abusive relationship. How you would just barely miss her head when punching a wall, how you would hurl insults, how you would stalk her when she broke up with you for two years before she met me." I finished.

"You contacting me to persuade her to come back doesn't make you any different." He said a little more confidently.

"I just wanted what was best for her!" I screamed. He laughed at my outburst.

"No, no you don't. You never wanted her to take the job. You wanted her to stay right here so you could keep an eye on her." He smirked. God, I hate him. "Yes, I'm an abusive asshole. At least I'm willing to admit it."

"Fuck off." I spat.

"Gladly." He left.

*California*
Dana's POV:

I'm sitting in my apartment, growing increasingly bored. Hearing my phone ring, the caller ID rings Alexia.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear. There is loud, electric music in the background.

"Hey, girl. Come to the club." She laughs and hangs up. She's drunk. She must not actually want me.

"Fuck it. I'm going." I grab my purse and I see a text telling me the address of the club. Better than being stuck here.

*At the Club*

"Dana! Glad you could make it!" Alexia's speech is slurred as she hands me a drink. The loud music is banging against my ears. I'm getting a headache; I haven't drunk one sip of alcohol yet.

I throw my head back and the whole thing within one huge gulp.
"Let's party!" I yell as Alexia drags me deeper into the club. This is going to be fun.

A/N: Start of the week and Dana is already in more drama. First Lucas, now this? 👀 what could go wrong?
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. Don't forget to vote and comment suggestions, feedback, or anything you want. Do you think Dana should go back to New York?