Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Justin's POV:

I'm staring at the Ended Call screen. My stomach is in knots. Feeling nauseous, I go grab a glass and drink water. My hands can barely hold the glass as my hands are shaking.

I need to fix this. This can expose me. I need to get her back to New York- without Lucas' help this time. He can't follow orders. No wonder he didn't get his degree.

Then, I get a text from Dana.

I'm coming home.

-Dana

Plain and simple. Within a minute, she calls me.

"I'm coming home. I don't care about this anymore. I want to came home." Her voice is shaking.

"Okay, if that's what you want." I try to keep the smile from forming and sound as heartbroken as possible. She's coming home.

"I'll book a ticket home now." She says.

"What are you going to tell Alexis?" I questioned. She sighs as I give her a reality check.

"I don't know. The case was already dropped. I'll be dead weight anyway." She says coldly through her shaky voice. I hum in response.

"Well, I'm excited for you to come home." I sound as cheerful as possible. I never wanted her to move to California in the first place. I wanted her to stay in New York. I want to build a life with her.

"Did you ever find out who hacked my computer?" She asks randomly.

"No, we didn't. Why would you ask that?" I ask, trying to keep my voice from being angry.

"Oh, I just find it odd that you were the only one that had access to it? And that you created my password?" She questions me.

"Um, I have no idea. Did you change it?" I play dumb. I hear her frustrated groans over the speaker. I pull my ear from my phone to lessen the damage to my eardrums.

"Really? Did you think I wouldn't figure it out?" She asks. I don't answer.

"Um, yes?" I attempt to answer honestly but immediately regret it. "Wait, no. I never wanted you to go."

"Why didn't you tell me this? I could've said no." She seems defeated. I stutter over my answer.

"I'm getting on a plane in an hour." She says. Click. The line goes dead.

A/N: How did you think Dana find out? Comment below! Don't forget to vote if you liked it. :). Thanks for reading!