Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*Next Day*

Justin's POV:

I have been keeping an eye on my phone, waiting for Dana to call all day. It was 11:00 a.m. in California, so she should be having lunch. Unfortunately, Lucas still hasn't communicated with me since last night's conversation. I still can't figure out why he showed up at my apartment.

I was getting a snack when I got a call. It was Lucas. I answered it with my heart beating out of my chest.

"I'm here." He said. I took a breath before answering.

"This isn't the movies. No "hi, how are you?." I comment. There was silence on the other end for a moment.

"I'm not calling for pleasantries. I'm telling you I'm here." His voice is nervous but confident. I hum.

"Good, I'll send you her location." I take a bite of a chip. I ended the call and sent him the location. He texts back with,

Lucas:

Do we want to be texting?

Justin:

Find her!

I hear my phone ringing. I pick it up, realizing it's a facetime from Dana, and quickly answer the call.

"Hi, babe." She says, smiling. I smile back, not knowing what to say.

"How's California?" I ask. My smile goes away when she frowns.

"I miss you. I want to come home." She says. I get comfortable in my chair before answering.

"I miss you too," I reply honestly. I don't know how long I can stand without you in my arms. "Are you learning alot?"

"It's only been a week. Not much I can learn in a week." She shrugs. Maybe I should call this off? She wants to come home.

"Do you want to come home?" I question. She shakes her head, no.

"No, this is all new." She nervously laughs. I hear something on camera, and she turns her head.

"Everything okay? Where are you?" I question. She turns back to me.

"Yes, I'm at the park. Kids are playing." She responds.

"There are parks in L.A?" I inquire sarcastically. She chuckles at my attempt at humor.

"New York isn't any better." She retorts. I squit.

"No, New York is wayyy better," My voice is higher than usual. "Be careful."

"Wait, what? I-" She doesn't take to finish before I hang up on her. Then I text Lucas.

Justin:

Please STAY AWAY FROM HER.

Lucas:

I found her.

I dial Lucas' number, but I get voicemail instead. Damn it.

Dana's POV:

The call ended. I scan around the park. The grass is darker, the sky is a bright blue, and other people are leaving. I grab my purse beside me, put my phone away, and start walking.

I don't know where I'm going, but I know I'm in Circle Park, my apartment is sixteen miles away, and my office building is the same distance. I take out my phone to order an Uber, and I hear the ruffling of leaves. I feel someone grab me by the shoulder. I'm dragged off my feet.

A/N: Wow. Did you think Justin would do something like this? Did you think Lucas would come back? Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. I love when I get feedback. Thank you for reading! ☺️