Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Dana's POV:

I stare at my phone, scrolling through the messages. I exhale.
"What's wrong?" He asks. I snap out of my thoughts to look up at him. I shake my head.

"Uh, nothing," I respond. I put my phone down and began to shiver just slightly. Alexia threw me a jacket that was lying on the seat beside me. Who's couch am I on?
"Uh, where am I?" I ask.

"My house. I thought it was safer if I brought you here rather than getting you an Uber." She responds—my stomach growls. The couch is a dark when and the blanket is white. The pillow is black.

"Maybe we should order breakfast." Rome suggest. I nod. Alexia laughs,

"She's not arguing with that." Her laughs die down. Rome pulls out his phone; his finger is hitting his phone angrily.

"Where are you ordering from?" I ask. He huffs,

"I'm concentrating. Let me find a place." He continues to scroll. "Do you want coffee?"

"Yes! Always!" Alexia and I say in unison. We laugh and he rolls his eyes.

"Is every woman coffee obsessed?" He mumbles under his breath.

"You're really bad at mumbling." Alexia says clearly. Rome looks up and shakes his head.

"Women." He mumbles. I shoot daggers at him.

"Where did you get this couch? It's so comfortable." I compliment. She smiles.

"I can't remember, honestly. I saw, I clicked. It came." She says. I look around the room. The wooden floors were shiny and the light was bright but not intense. There was a television in front of me. I look under the blanket.

"Do you want a change of clothes? What's your size?" Alexia asks. I snap from my daze.

"Uh, extra small adult in everything." I respond. She runs to somewhere else in the house. After a few moments, she cames back with an old t-shirt, sweatpants and a pair of socks.

"Thanks. Where's the bathroom?" I ask. She points straight down the hall. I quickly go in there to change.

I put on the oversized pajama shirt, sweatpants that are just a size too big for me and the pair of white socks. I come out; Rome's eyes go big.

"Wow." He says. Alexia smacks him on the back. I feel the back of my head. It's a tangled mess.

"Great." I say. They both look at me with sympathy.

"I'm not giving you my hairbrush." Alexia draws the line. She hands me a hair tie and an old, flimsy comb. I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail.

"Thanks." I say. Rome smiles.

A/N: ahhh! I forgot yesterday was Monday! Here's the update. What do you think of Rome?