Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Justin's POV:

Dana:

I'm coming home.❤️

It would be dishonest of me to say I didn't smile a bit reading those words. Looking down at the phone, my fingers danced while I thought of something to type back.

Justin:

Why? I thought this was what you wanted.

She read it but didn't reply. I put my phone away and started reading a new case that was assigned to me. Reading the facts was always the most interesting part. Making the facts into something worth reading is always been my favorite part.
Oh cool. Insider trading. Government official? This just got juicy. I jotted down all the facts so I could remember them better.

The keyboard was loud as I typed like a race car. The only thing I could see was the screen in front of me as the document with words that I'm not even sure were coherent English. As I finished typing the last sentence, I realized it had been close to an hour since I moved from this spot. My stomach started to hurt and my lips started to get dry but I ignored these signs as I finished reading the rest of the document.
This is painfully boring. I'm hungry. No, thirsty? What time is it?

My phone dinged with Dana's text tone. I grabbed the thing faster than an ice cream sandwich that was melting.

Dana:

I don't know. I miss you.

I smiled at those words. She needed me and she knew it. I typed back a simple sentence.

Justin:

I miss you too.

The light was brighter as it said five o'clock. I packed up my stuff and headed home for the day. The street had a small crowd of people walking to the train stations. I rode the station with the same people every day yet this felt somewhat different.

The perks for living alone were many but I'm glad she's coming home.

A/N: A short filler chapter because we all need those sometimes. 😁 have a great start to your week. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter.