Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Dana's POV:

Once we get back from lunch, I gather all the information on Lucas, and close it in a file. The air in the office is colder than usual and I'm exhausted. All of my jackets were in the wash so I didn't have one. Alexia walks in but doesn't say anything. I point to the file.

"Oh thanks." She grabs the file and puts it under her arm. I look up at her and she is still staring at me. I feel her giving me daggers even though I have no idea what I did wrong.

"Yes? Can I help you with something?" I ask, trying to keep my tone calm and level. She exhales, turns and leaves. The door slamming produced a door breeze that blew all the printer paper all over the floor. I sigh and bend down to pick up the paper.

Opening the door, it hits the wall, causing me to jump. She walks towards me with files in her hands and thrusts them into mine.

"Read and high light those for me." A few seconds passed. "Please." I nod and throw them on the desk.

"Why?" I ask, turning toward her. Her eyes flash with anger and I wonder if I made a big mistake. Her heels click like crabs.

"Because I told you. Because I'm your boss." Her forceful tone sent a shiver down her spine. She must have noticed I was shivering as she walks over to a door, opens it and throws me a oversized jacket.

"I know it's cold in here. You'll be fine." Her voice was as cold as the air. She stared at me for a moment before leaving.

A/N: Happy Monday! Thank you for reading. Do you think Alexia will confront Dana? Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed it. :)