Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Dana's POV:

"So, what are we doing?," I ask for the second time in ten minutes. I was still no closer to an answer.

"Dana, please let me concentrate." He said, rather irritated as his muscles noticeably tensed up. He was typing furiously as if he was defusing a bomb.

"I want to know what you're doingggg!" I dragged out the last word like a toddler who wants that ice cream sundae now!

"We-" He pauses to turn to me and gives me intense eye contact known to man. "are going to show them what happens when they fuck around." 

I am shocked that he swore. I quickly return a devilish smile. He points to a nearby chair. I grab it and bring it over. "What do you have?"

"Only all the articles." The articles have headlines like Lawyer Sues Law Firm for decades of Wage Theft, Firm Counter Sues for Impersonating an Attorney, and Lawyer Could Face Jail Time for Falsifying Degree.

"Let me guess." I make a "thinking" face for a split second.

"Lucas." We both say in unison and laugh.

"So predictable." I add.

"Exactly. Let's show them what happens when they fuck around." Justin saves the last bit of the articles into a folder. I suddenly feel sick.

"Babe, you okay?" He asks. I nod, unconvincingly. He gives me a raised eyebrow.

"No, really. I'm fine. I just feel a little nauseous." I say. He sighs.

"What?!" I say loudly. Not screaming but loud enough for him to be annoyed.

"It's always nothing when you feel nauseous." He points out. I get up from my seat. "Where are you going?!"

"To lie down!" I match his energy. He says nothing and I jump in bed again.

I hear him mumble, "This is ridiculous."

But I don't say anything.

A/N: Hi! Happy Monday y'all. Hope you had a fantastic start to your week!  Thank you for taking the time to read, vote and comment! 😃