Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Dana's POV:

It's been a few hours past the typical lunch hour that I realize I haven't eaten all day. I still had two cases that were easily four hundred pages each that I needed to read. I put my yellow highlighter down while rubbing my head.

I heard shoes coming in but I didn't bother looking up. The light was far too bright. I sat up in my chair. A bag was dropped on the desk, along with a soda.

"You seemed busy so I brought you a sandwich." Alexia stated. I blinked as I realized how much time had gone by. My stomach growled as I opened the bag. The stoa form box had a tuna melt sandwich with a side of french fries.

"Do you always do that?" She asked as I continued to much away. I look at her confused.

"Focus so much that you don't realized it's four o'clock and you haven't eaten?" She clarified her question.

"Um, I d-don't know what you mean?" I question. I don't think I do that often. She dismisses my question and she goes back to typing. I eat as I start on my third case.

I finish with the third case and throw out the box. The soda still has some liquid in it but not much. It isn't long before I hear yelling through the wall. Is that glass breaking?
Alexia gets up. The door closes with a loud click.

"Does the yelling always happen?" I question. I don't think I want to know the answer. Alexia sighs and pitches her nose.

"Not as often as you might think. Some people still have the self awareness of a clumsy cow." She laughed at her own.

A/N: Short chapters. Love them or hate them? Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter!