26.

i walked downstairs and right out the door.

i'm sure half of my logic was gone because i was so damn emotional. my fucking period was making me emotional.

i practically ran down the street with tears streaming down my face. how could my parents do this to me? was i really just a lab rat? did they even give a shit about me?

i walked until i saw a coffee shop and i quickly walked in and walked to the back booth.

i felt my phone buzz in my pocket and saw 25 miss calls and 50 texts from the boys combined.

they fucking lied to me, why would they even give a fuck right now.

i turned my phone off before bringing my knees up to my chest.

the cons of being online school and having no friends was really kicking in now.

i dug through my pockets and found a 10 dollar bill. i walked up to the cash register and saw a young woman standing in front.

"hey! what can i get started for you?" she smiled.

"just a small coffee to go." i replied.

"that's going to be 4.85." she spoke.

i handed her the 10 dollar bill and waited for the change.

"i know it's not my business, but you seem upset and i just wanted to let you know that it's okay to not be okay and that everything will get better." she spoke as she handed me the change.

i smiled at her and thanked her before walking over to wait for my coffee.

she handed me the coffee and i walked out of the coffee shop and down the street til i found a park.

i walked around and sat down on a bench, where i saw two little kids playing.

one was a little girl and the other was a little boy. they were both running around playing tag.

i sat there for a couple hours thinking about what was going to happen after this. if they felt the need to keep this from me, what else were they keeping?

i felt a rain drop hit the top of my head and i quickly pulled my hood up.

soon enough it was a complete downpour and all i could do was sit there in the rain. i felt drained. i felt tired. worst of all, i felt so betrayed.

the rain eventually stopped and i was soaking wet. i grabbed my phone with shaking fingers. it was freezing.

i turned it back on and decided to read through the messages the boys sent me.

michael: ophelia, baby i'm sorry. please come back i'm so sorry. we should have told you.
michael: we're new to this too love. we're trying.
michael: please come back. i'm worried please.
michael: i'm really fucking worried ophelia please respond call anything.

luke: i didn't know. i'm sorry. michael's worried sick. we all are.
luke: call one of us or respond please.
luke: ophelia this is getting scary please fucking reply.

calum: it's my fault please come back. i didn't want to tell you because i didn't know how you would feel.
calum: ophelia please i'm sorry, i'm so sorry.

ashton: i'm sorry we kept this from you. i know we should have discussed it.
ashton: please reply or come back or call one of us.
ashton: we'll discuss it when your back i promise
ashton: we're worried. michael's almost in tears please come back

i felt tears enter my eyes as i read through the countless messages.

i found a voice recording from michael in my phone and brought it to my ear.

"ophelia, please come back. i'm worried. we're worried sick. i feel physically sick. i'm sorry we didn't tell you, but we are trying. we're new to this too. we're going to make mistakes. i can't lose you though. i really can't lose you so please just let me know you're okay. i love you. please." he spoke.

he sounded broken. he sounded genuinely sad. maybe i should go back.