4.

Three Weeks Later

i fell to the ground as charles laid a fist to my face for not cleaning up his plates.

"god you're so pathetic ophelia! this is why no one will ever love you. you're damn lucky to have me." he spit as he kicked me in the stomach.

i let a cry as i felt a sharp pain on my side.

"what? you're going to cry now. fuck off phelia." charles snapped as he walked off and slammed the door behind him.

i slowly sat up and cried from the pain in my side. it hurt so fucking bad.

i looked down at my cast which went from a pretty pink to a bloody dirty brown and started crying.

i cried so hard i couldn't breath.

mom came in and once she saw the state i was in pulled me into a hug. mom never hugged me.

i started coughing and looked down to see huge amounts of blood coming out.

"m-mom." i stuttered as i stared paralyzed at my hand.

"oh god." she whispered as she looked down.

"we need to go to the hospital." i spoke softly.

"ophelia no we can't. have you seen yourself in the mirror lately? you look like hell. we would definitely be questioned if we went." mom spoke firmly.

"you care more about getting caught than your own daughter who is coughing up fucking blood." i muttered.

"yeah maybe i do. i don't want to lose your father and i would go to jail for being a witness to your abuse." she spoke softly.

"i could die mom. i'm coughing up blood and i don't know why." i spoke with a shaky voice.

"fine, go clean yourself up and hide the bruises then i'll take you." mom whispered as she left the shed.

i quickly walked inside and ran upstairs. i went into my room and immediately started coughing. i looked down and saw splatters of blood again.

i grabbed my bruise cover packet and quickly covered all of my bruises. i grabbed a long sleeved shirt and leggings and walked downstairs.

i started coughing again and mom quickly grabbed napkins and ushered me out of the house.

"goddamnit, charles is really going too far. we are going to jail if he does this shit again." mom spoke with tears in her eyes.

"you really care more about going to jail then your daughter being scarred for life." i spit out.

mom stayed silent.

we pulled into the hospital and mom quickly pushed me out and went to park the car.

i felt a cough coming and quickly turned away from
the entrance and coughed.

i looked down to see blood on my hand and felt tears come into my eyes.

"ophelia? is that you?" i heard a voice behind me ask.

i turned around to see michael standing there walking towards me.

"the appointment was in 7 weeks not 3?" he spoke slowly.

i slowly held up my hand before everything went black.

michael's pov

"woah! holy shit!" i yelled as i caught her.

"i need a gurney out here now!" i shouted.

i saw her mother run up in a panic.

"what happened?" she cried as i placed ophelia on the gurney.

"that's what i meant to ask you." i spoke as we pushed her inside.

i handed her off to calum and the on call emergency physician and walked over to the waiting room with her mom.

"so, do you want to explain to me what happened?"
i asked firmly.

"i-i can't." her mom stuttered.

"why?" i asked.

"because i can't." she spoke more firmly.

i gave her one last look before standing up and saying, "could we get the police down here?"