10.

ophelia's pov

"so we figured out what's causing your pain. you have a hairline fracture in your upper arm that i didn't catch when we first did an x-ray. it's not worth making a cast all the way up because the fracture is so small and it's uncomfortable. it should heal along with the your lower arm as long as you do absolutely nothing to injure it further." michael concluded firmly.

"oh. okay. i can definitely try to avoid anything like that." i smiled gently.

"okay love, back we go. i've got to recast your arm and then get you back to cal so he can give you one final check up before we send you home." michael spoke with a tiny smile.

i nodded and placed my arm on his as we slowly exited the room.

"where's ash?" i asked.

"he had a patient down in the ED." michael replied.

we arrived into the room and michael quickly built the cast and molded it onto my arm.

"perfect!" he smiled.

i smiled back and hopped up from the chair.

"let's get you back to your room pretty girl." michael spoke as he started to walk away.

i saw calum entering the room as soon as michael and i did.

"woah, love the new cast color." calum spoke with a smile.

"thank you!" i laughed as i hopped back into the bed.

"you seem to be feeling a lot better. have you been coughing up anymore blood?" calum asked as he looked at my chart.

"none." i smiled lightly.

"perfect. i'll go ahead and process the release forms while we wait for your parents." calum smiled as he walked out of the room.

"don't leave me please." i quickly spoke as i saw michael stand up.

"why love?" he asked as he sat back down.

"i don't want to be alone with them right now. so can you stay until calum is back?" i asked.

"of course baby." michael smiled lightly as he grabbed my hand.

a few minutes later calum walked in with my parents behind him.

my dad looked pissed.

"so i want to make it very clear to all parties in the room that ophelia is to do nothing that can further injure her arm. she has a hairline fracture on her upper arm that won't heal and will continually give her pain if not healed properly." michael spoke as he stood up.

"bye michael." i waved slowly.

he waved back with a firm smile and walked out of the room.

"to follow what michael said. i recommend rest and very little physical activity for the next week. i have prescription pain meds here. take two at night for a week and you should be better after that." calum smiled gently as he handed me the bottle.

i grabbed the bottle and quickly stood up.

"let me go change out of the hospital clothes then we can go." i spoke while avoiding my parents eyes.

"we'll meet you in the car." mom spoke coldly as she walked out with dad.

i sighed and walked towards the bathroom. i quickly changed into the clothes mom brought from home and walked out.

"i'll say this again, when you are ready, come back and we'll help you. until then please be safe and take care of yourself and remember you aren't alone. you have four doctors who are willing to help no matter what." calum spoke softly as he walked with me outside.

"bye calum. thank you." i smiled gently as i walked away.

i walked into the car and as soon as the door was shut a list was thrown at me.

"since you don't have a boyfriend to give punishments, we've created a list of chores along with punishments for you until we arrange another partner." dad spit out as we drove off.

holy hell.