36.

ophelia's pov

i woke up in a dream like state. i was laying in a hospital bed and saw my mom. she was dead, but somehow here.

"mom?" i asked as i stared at her.

"hey baby." she smiled softly.

"how are you here?" i asked.

"well, you're on the verge of death and i was sent here to help you decide whether to live or die." she spoke.

"do i really have anything to live for?" i asked as i stood up from the bed.

"let me show you." mom whispered as she grabbed my hand lightly.

all of a sudden i felt a cold feeling and saw the boys all in front of my body.

"m-michael?" i whispered as i saw him grabbing my hand sobbing his eyes out.

"he would miss you." mom spoke.

"time of death 4:13 am" the on call doctor announced.

i saw michael drop to his knees sobbing and ashton quickly drop down next to him with tears streaming down his face.

i saw calum and luke looking miserable, as if they lost a daughter themselves.

"t-they're going to miss me." i spoke with tears streaming down my own face.

"deathly." mom spoke as she whirled us back to the hospital room.

i stared at the ground blankly before looking up at her.

"why did you kill yourself?" i asked.

"i guess death seemed more appealing than life in prison." she spoke simply.

"but i lost you. i had no one." i spoke softly.

"you had them ophelia. i don't know why you can't see that. you had them. these boys love you to heaven and back." she whispered as she held my hand.

"do they really?" i asked.

"they were crying over you, of course they do." mom spoke firmly.

"do you think i should live?" i asked.

"that's not up to me to decide. i lived my life. you need to decide whether you want to live yours." mom spoke.

i nodded.

"i have to go now. i've said what i needed to say. if you choose to continue with your life walk to the light. if not, walk to the dark." she spoke softly.

i quickly grabbed her into a hug.

"i miss you." i whispered.

"i'm sorry baby. i'm so sorry for letting your father hurt you. i miss and love you too. i'll always be here for you. go live your life." mom whispered as she hugged me back.

she then nudged me in the direction of life before disappearing.

i slowly gathered myself before walking into the light.

i was going to live.

i slowly felt my eyes fluttering open.

everything was still so blurry. i felt someone holding my hand tightly.

i slightly turned my head and saw michael lying there asleep.

"m-michael." i muttered out as i slowly opened my eyes more.

michael shot up and immediately looked down at me.

"baby? can you hear me?" michael asked.

i nodded slowly before trying to sit up only to be pushed back down.

"it hurts." i mumbled as i motioned to my stomach.

"well yeah dummy, you just got shot." luke spoke with tears in his eyes as he approached the bed.

i looked over in the other corner and saw ashton pouring me a glass of water.

i gently grabbed it and drank it.

"i-i'm sorry." i stuttered with tears in my eyes.

"no, don't apologize. don't ever apologize." michael whispered as he wiped the tears from my eyes.

the second he wiped one tear away more came.

"princess, no tears should be falling from your eyes right now. we are just happy you're alive and don't seem to have any brain damage from the fall." calum spoke as he walked over to check my vitals.

"how did this even happen?" michael asked.

"i was trying to help a woman who was being abused by a man, but be shot me and ran away. she called the cops for me." i whispered.

"that's very brave and good of you, but next time, don't approach a man with a gun."