8.

"you're parents didn't even notice your attempt?" he whispered.

"nope. i was lying on the floor in my own blood while they were downstairs laughing and partying with their friends." i replied.

"that's terrible. that's actually disgusting." michael whispered harshly.

i looked up at him with teary eyes. "it's okay. i'm used to it."

"being ignored and quite frankly neglected is not something you should be used to." he replied gently.

"some people get it great in life while others don't. i've given up on a happily ever after." i whispered.

michael stared at me shortly before standing up.

"change into this and try to sleep. we will be around in the morning. i want to check in on that arm of yours because the cast seems looser. the swelling came down, so i would like to potentially change the cast." he smiled gently as he walked away.

i slowly stood up and changed. michael seemed nice. he seemed to care about me, sometimes even more than i cared about myself.

i'm scared to go home. what if my parents hurt me? what if they start beating the shit out of me instead of my boyfriend?

i laid back in bed and slowly drifted off to sleep trying to think of anything but how my life would be like.

i woke up the next morning to a nurse slowly opening the door.

"hey love." she whispered as she walked over.

i slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. "what time is it?" i mumbled.

"it's currently 4 am. you can sleep some more if you would like." she smiled softly.

i nodded and slowly drifted back off.

i was woken up a couple hours later by mom walking into the room.

i immediately shot up and backed away from here.

"i'm just here to relay some information from
your father." she spoke slowly.

i relaxed and sat back down.

"he's disappointed in you. he understands that the lifestyle isn't the best, but you need to live and go on with it ophelia. it's how our family is." mom spoke firmly.

"why does our family have to be abusive towards women? why does our family never give hugs or compliments? we aren't the average family." i finished strongly.

"lower your voice young lady. we don't want a repeat of yesterday." she spit out.

i went to stand up and walk to the restroom when mom grabbed my wrist with the IV and i immediately yelped in pain.

"let go." i stuttered as tried to pull my arm away. "mom let go! it hurts you're right on the IV!!" i spoke as i struggled.

all of a sudden the door swung open and i saw michael walk in.

"what the hell are you doing?" he spoke firmly when he saw mom latched onto me.

mom immediately pulled back and smiled, "oh we're just having a conversation."

"you had your hands on her. she was heard from the door next door asking you to let her go." michael spoke slowly.

"this isn't your business dr. clifford." she spit out as she grabbed her bag.

"it most definitely is. she's my patient and you were hurting her." he finished.

"i want her discharged later tonight. i'll be back to pick her up." mom muttered as she walked away.

i looked up at michael as she left the room. i was holding my arm with the IV on top of the cast. i saw blood and redness around the IV and quickly went to pull it out.

michael rushed over and put his hand on top of mine. "don't. it will just make it worse." he whispered.

i slowly nodded as he gently took it out himself. "i don't think you need an IV anymore." he whispered.

"please don't let me go home with them." i spoke quickly.

"my hands are tied unless you say the words."