6.

mom came rushing into the room as soon as the boys went back to work.

"ophelia, baby, you didn't tell them right? we aren't abusing you." she whispered as she urgently stared into my eyes.

i shook my head before laying back.

"good. don't ever. you don't want to lose us right? you will be thrown into the foster care where you will experience real abuse." she sighed.

"i don't think it can get any realer than this." i whispered.

before mom could respond michael walked in with a tiny smile.

"hey, just here to make sure everything is going okay." he spoke softly.

i couldn't meet his eyes. if i did, i would break down.

"if you don't have an actual reason to be in here please leave." mom spoke sternly.

"ma'am i'm a doctor here at the hospital who is checking on a patient. how you're treating and talking to me is extremely rude." michael replied just as sternly.

just before mom could respond, dad and charles walk in. i immediately tensed up and i could tell that michael noticed.

"oh baby! are you okay?" charles spoke as he rushed towards me.

i immediately flinched back and quickly corrected myself. i hope he didn't notice.

"hey babe! i-i'm fine. just a bit sick." i spoke with a fake smile.

"if i may interject, she is not just a bit sick. she was coughing up so much blood that was caused by a blunt impact that she passed out. she was seriously injured and i still don't know how it happened, so could one of your explain?" michael asked as he sat down.

"i already told you. it's not your business." mom seethed out.

"it is my business when it involves my patient and a minor." michael replied.

i gave michael a tiny look and he immediately stood up, "i would like to have a word with my patient alone. if you won't willingly leave the room, i will call security."

"you can't do that! you fucking asshole." dad spit out angrily.

"yeah you can't just kick us out!" charles yelled.

"security! and i am more than allowed to kick you out. i can and i just did. my patient and i need to talk." michael spoke firmly as security escorted
my family out.

as soon as they were out i broke down in tears causing michael to trust to my side.

"all you have to do is admit it and i can help you love." michael whispered.

"please i-i can't. what if they hurt m-me?" i sobbed into my hands.

"no one is going to hurt you ophelia. hold on, let me page my mate ashton in. he's the shrink as you know." michael spoke quickly as he pulled out his pager.

not even a few minutes later ashton came walking in.

"i see very angry parents and boyfriend i'm assuming out there." he spoke as he walked in.

"i-i w-want to confess." i spoke in between ragged breathes.

"first calm down and breath love." ashton spoke gently.

i looked down at my hands and back at the two caring faces in front of me.

"my boyfriend charles did this to me. he hurts me."
i sobbed into my hands.

"ashton go call 911. good job babe." michael whispered as he pulled me in for a hug.

i subconsciously flinched away and immediately started apologizing.

"nope no apologies. i understand." he spoke as he pulled away.

soon enough police started flooding the rooms and my boyfriend, or ex boyfriend charles was taken away.

i saw mom and dad get pulled over for questioning. i listened in carefully.

"did you know your daughter was being abused by her boyfriend?" the male officer asked.

"no, of course not." dad replied.

what fucking liars.