37.

the next couple days were me in the hospital bed and the boys working and checking in on me every couple hours.

i was on my phone when an unknown caller popped up on my screen.

i know you're not supposed to answer the phone, but i was bored.

"hello?" i asked as i brought the phone to my ear.

"ophelia?" i heard a familiar voice reply.

"d-dad?" i whispered as i felt my hands begin to tremble.

"hey baby, i'm in trouble." he spoke simply.

"how are you even contacting me?" i replied shakily.

"the prison phone, but never mind that. the other prisoners know what i'm in for. they are going to kill me." dad whispered into the phone.

"what the hell do you want me to do about that?" i spoke firmly.

"i want you to help me break out. i'll leave the country and you will never have to hear from me again." dad spoke firmly.

"i can't do that. i won't help you." i spoke softly as i tried to sit up.

i felt a surge of pain shoot through my stomach.

"fuck." i muttered as i laid back down.

"what?" dad asked.

"i got shot. a couple days ago. i almost died, not that you would care at all." i muttered.

"why would you be dumb enough to approach a man with a gun." dad spoke back firmly.

"are you only being nice to me so that i break you out?" i spoke softly.

"even if i am, you owe me this for not killing you. besides, you wouldn't want to see your father killed." dad spoke firmly.

i sat there in silence with tears forming into my eyes.

i saw the door open from the corner of my eye and saw michael walking in with scrubs on.

"who are you talking to?" he asked.

"i'll call back later. think about it." dad whispered before hanging up.

i shakily put my phone down and stared blankly in front of me.

"earth to ophelia. what's up princess? who was that?" he asked as he sat down next to me.

"no one. don't worry about it. so, how was surgery?" i asked.

"we'll come back to that. nice try trying to change the subject though. it went great. i preformed a hip replacement surgery." he smiled brightly.

"i'm so lucky to have a surgeon as a dad." i smiled lightly.

"d-dad? did you just call me your dad?" michael spoke as his eyes lit up.

"maybe." i spoke with a cheeky smile.

"i love you princess." michael smiled as he pulled me in for a hug.

"ouch." i hissed as he pushed slightly against my wound.

"we've got to get you up and moving or this will never heal." michael whispered as he stood back up.

he put down the railing of the bed and offered me his hand.

"up." he spoke.

i hesitantly tried to sit up and felt a surge of pain shoot up from my stomach and slumped back down.

"it hurts." i whined as i scrunched my nose in pain.

"i know i call you baby, but you don't need to act like one." michael chuckled before grabbing both of my hands and gently pulling me up leaning onto him.

"ow." i groaned.

"come on. one foot in front of the other. let's do this." michael smiled.

i painfully put one foot in front of the other while trying not to cry.

"michael, it shouldn't hurt this much." i spoke firmly.

"let me check." he spoke as he had me sit down and lay back again.

he lifted up my shirt and slowly took the bandage off.

"holy shit. i'm going to page calum. don't move."