18.

i woke up the next morning to nurse gently removing my IV.

"the social worker is here." she spoke softly.

i nodded and quickly went to go to the bathroom.

i was scared. what if i ended up in a family that hated me?

i brushed my teeth and changed my clothes then walked out of the bathroom.

i saw the social worker standing there with a tiny smile.

"ready sweetie?" mary asked.

i nodded slowly and followed behind her.

before i left the hospital i ran into michael and gave him a huge hug.

"i stayed up last night doing your paperwork. we have an appointment in court in 4 days. i'll see you soon love." he whispered.

"thank you michael." i whispered back.

we sat in mary's car as she drove maybe 15 minutes to a smaller house.

there stood a younger couple on the porch.

"hey! you must be ophelia. it's so nice to meet you. my name is emily smith and this is my husband donald smith!" she smiled nicely.

i smiled back slowly.

"this couple is very nice to take you for the next couple days. thank you! if you have any concerns don't hesitate to let me know." mary spoke as she walked back to her car.

i walked inside with them slowly and shut the door. the second i walked inside all hell broke lose. there were kids everywhere.

"it's quite busy in here. good thing you're leaving soon." donald spoke with a quick laugh.

i nodded and followed emily up to a room.

"i'm sorry you're going to have to share with the baby." she whispered.

i quietly walked into the room and saw a tiny baby lying in the crib.

she was so cute.

i set down all of my belongings and laid on the rock hard bed and fell asleep.

a couple hours later i was woken up by the baby in the crib crying.

i quickly walked over and picked her up.

"sh don't cry." i whispered as i rocked her back and forth.

soon enough the baby stopped crying.

"she likes you." i heard emily speak from behind me.

"i have a soft spot with kids." i smiled as i placed her down.

"what do you think about adopting her?" emily asked slowly.

i stared at her in shock.

"i'm 16, i don't want to be a mom yet." i replied awkwardly.

"please? we have too many kids in this house." emily begged.

"then transfer them to another house? i'm 16 years old. i don't want to be a mom." i spoke firmly.

emily stared at me for a bit before shrugging her shoulders and walking away.

what the fuck is wrong with these people.

i went downstairs a couple hours later and overheard emily and donald talking to someone. i grabbed my phone and started to record.

"we have a 16 year old girl with us right now. skinny, red hair, and beautiful blue grey eyes." donald spoke with a smirk.

"yep she's absolutely beautiful. look at this picture i've taken of her." emily smiled as she showed him a picture.

"wow, she's gorgeous. how much you wanna sell her for?" the mystery man spoke.

"well she comes in a package with the baby."

that's all i needed to run upstairs and run to grab the baby before sneaking downstairs and out the door.

i grabbed my phone and quickly called michael.

"hell- "michael!! help me! please. i'm running down the street with a baby in my hands." i spoke between huffs and sobs.

"woah why are you running??" michael spoke while panicked.

"they were going to sell us." i sobbed.

"go to a well lit place, send me your location. i'm coming."