11.

"but i don't want another partner." i mumbled.

"no dinner tonight." mom spoke with a weak smile.

"what? why?" i asked as i looked at her.

"you broke a rule. no talking back. your father and i will never lay and hand on you, but we can take things away." mom spoke with a laugh.

"so, you're going to starve me." i muttered.

"no breakfast or lunch tomorrow. yes darling, we are." mom chuckled as she turned back around.

these next couple weeks are going to be hell.

we arrived home and i hopped out of the car and excused myself to go shower.

i grabbed a pair of clothes and walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

i looked into the mirror and immediately felt like crying. why were they doing this? i wasn't even fat. if anything i'm probably too skinny.

i grabbed my scale and quickly weighed myself.

5'3 and 105.3 lbs.

tears quickly entered my eyes as i thought about how frail i was going to become.

i might as well not talk so i can eat, but i bet they would still find a way that i was "breaking rules."

i hopped into the shower and quickly washed my hair and face and hopped back out.

i blow dried my hair and tied it into a messy bun, which was hard to do considering i only had one hand.

i changed into my clothes and walked downstairs quietly.

"your father went back upstairs, here's the list of chores. make sure they are done by morning if you want dinner tomorrow." mom spoke simply as she turned away.

"why are you being like this? don't you love me mom?" i spoke with a stiff voice.

"o-of course i love you baby. you just need to get used to how we live. this is your life whether you like it or not." mom spoke softly before she walked up the stairs.

i looked at the list of chores and immediately began working.

3 hours passed and it was currently 1 am. i still had 5 left. i sat down on the couch and got my phone out.

me: thank you for everything you've done for me. tell the others i said thank you too. i'm sorry for all the hassle.

almost immediately i received a text back from michael.

michael: of course! we are always here to help. why in the hell are you up right now? you should be knocked out from the pain meds.

me: chores and i didn't take them bc i wouldn't be able to do chores if i did.

michael: didn't calum specifically tell your parents that you were to do no physical activity until your arm is more healed?

me: yep, but when do my parents ever listen.

i placed my phone back in my pocket and grabbed the broom to try and finish the rest of the chores by 3am.

2 hours later i was done. it was 3am and i had just finished a list of 15 chores.

i walked quietly up to my room and went to my bedroom. i locked the door and laid down in bed.

i pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw a text from michael.

michael: i'm sorry baby. they really don't seem like great people.
michael: i hope your sleeping now and not responding for that reason. take care of yourself:)..

me: hey. i'm going to bed now. i just finished up the remaining chores. i didn't want to be up all night. night michael:)..

i put my phone down and plugged it in. i slowly felt myself falling asleep and deep down, i wished i would never wake up again.