15.

"even if they are, can you even do anything about it and who in the hell would believe me?" i spoke as i rubbing my hand over my face.

"we would ophelia. we would believe you and fight for you." he whispered.

i looked up and him and in his eyes i saw him pleading for me to tell the truth.

"yes." i responded as i hung my head low.

"yes what?" michael asked hoping for me to finish the sentence.

"my parents neglect and abuse me." i spoke softly as tears entered my eyes.

"good job baby. come here." he whispered as he held his arms out.

i let myself collapse into his arms.

i saw him grab his pager and page ashton and a nurse in.

the nurse arrived first.

"hey baby, this is amanda. she's going to help with the pictures and proof to build up the case." michael spoke gently.

"dr. clifford could i ask what is going on?" she spoke with a gentle yet serious expression.

"we have a case of child abuse and neglect. i'm going to go call the police and ash will come in afterwards and try and help out." michael spoke softly as he walked out of the room.

"hey love, my names amanda. i'm just here to help you out okay?" she whispered as she walked closer to my curled up body.

amanda grabbed for a hospital gown and went to hand it over to me when i subconsciously flinched backwards.

"no no babe, i would never ever lay a hand on you. i'm so sorry." she spoke as she quickly backed up.

"n-no i'm sorry. i shouldn't have flinched." i spoke as i grabbed the gown.

amanda turned around as i changed into the gown. i completely forgot about the gauze wrapped around my wrist.

when amanda turned back around i could hear her gasp. did i really look that bad?

"a-all i'm going to do is take a few pictures and record your weight okay love?" amanda stuttered as she walked over slowly.

i nodded and let her take the few pictures she needed.

"okay could you stand on here for me?" she asked softly.

i nodded and shakily walked over.

i heard amanda gasp again as she saw my weight. before i could look down she quickly covered it.

"what was it?" i asked softly.

"it wasn't good. i don't know if you should know." amanda spoke softly.

"was it less than 100?" i asked.

"97." she spoke quietly.

i nodded and weakly sat back in my chair.

soon enough ashton came walking in with a soft smile on his face.

"i heard from michael what was going on. calum and luke are out there helping out right now. could you go bring those photos and notes you took?" ashton asked sweetly.

amanda nodded and gave me one last sympathetic look before walking off.

"first off, how are we feeling? what's going on through your head right now?" ashton asked as he sat down.

"i-i feel terrible. like i just ruined my parents life." i spoke softly.

"can i tell you what i think?" ashton asked.

i nodded slowly.

"i think you're incredibly brave and i am so damn proud of you for speaking up. not too many people do." ashton spoke softly.

i gave him a tiny smile before playing with the gauze on my wrist.

"what's this?" ashton asked as he pointed at the gauze.

"i-i couldn't handle what they were doing anymore." i whispered.

"self harm?" ashton asked softly.

i nodded slowly.

before ashton could ask another question, a detective came in the room.

"we have some bad news to inform you of."