20.

"so ophelia, i heard about your current situation and i'm so sorry about what has happened. i understand that these are the doctors who treated you and helped you through the process. do you feel safe with them?" the judge asked.

"i do. i never felt more safe with anyone. for the most recent foster family, they were trying to sell me. i called michael first because i knew i could trust him and that he would come and help me no matter what." i spoke softly.

"i see. do you think that you are fit to be a parent dr. clifford. it is much harder being a parent of a teenager, plus an abused one." the judge spoke simply.

"i think i'm more than prepared. not only do i have a medical training and can help in any medical crisis, i live with three other house mates who are like my family. we are all doctors and we know we can handle being a parent to ophelia." michael spoke firmly.

"ophelia, do you feel safe with these other three men?" she asked.

"i do. i see them as family already. since i came in with a broken arm, they have all done nothing but help and support me to tell my truth." i spoke confidently.

"last question, dr. clifford, do you promise to protect ophelia and care for her like she is your own?" the judge asked.

"i do." replied all four boys.

the judge chuckled as she gave me a kind stare.

"i see no problem with the paper work and she obviously loves and trusts you as an adult already. i don't see a reason to not allow you to be her guardian. so with the power invested in me, i present dr. michael clifford with his daughter ophelia clifford." she smiled.

i felt tears come into my eyes and looked over at michael to see the same thing.

he ran over to me and picked me up and spun me around in the circle.

"baby clifford!" i heard luke yell as he ran from the seats to join the hug with ashton and calum following.

we all group hugged before the judge called me up to talk with her for a second.

"i am trying your father's case as well and i wanted you to know, it's going to be in a couple weeks. the prosecutors will be in touch about being a witness and victim. congratulations ophelia. i hope you live happily with your new family." she smiled as she walked off.

i immediately felt my mood drop after her words. did i really want to face my father again?

i pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind and put on a forced smile before heading back.

the boys and i headed home for the night.

after 20 minutes of arguing about what to eat we decided on chinese.

"i wanted pizza." luke spoke with an eye roll.

"chinese is superior." ashton smiled.

"keep telling yourself that." luke laughed sarcastically.

when the food arrived we all grabbed a plate and began to eat. we sat down and decided to watch a horror movie.

we decided on the conjuring and i immediately knew it was going to give me nightmares.

we were at a scene where everything was quiet and i quickly grabbed the blanket and covered my eyes.

i looked over and saw all of the boys laughing.

a figure ended up jumping out and scaring the shit out of me. i screamed and hid my face.

"holy shit." i laughed. "is it over?" i asked.

"yep!" michael smiled as he lowered the blanket for me.

"this is why i never watch horror." i mumbled.

"so what i gathered from that is slumber night?" michael smiled.

"oh michael, now we have to build the best fort." luke laughed.

"bring it." michael smiled.

i got up and stared at the mess in front of me. i loved them.

they were my family even though i didn't really know them for that long.