5.

"no no! why are you calling the police?" her mom shouted at me.

"because you won't tell me why your daughter is coughing up blood and passed out in my arms. i also suspect abuse." i finished sternly.

"you have no grounds to suspect that." she spit out.

"i do though. she didn't even want to go home with you. you can't even tell me she's not being abused." i pointed out.

"she's not being abused! there? you happy." her mom spoke.

"what's going on here?" i heard ashton ask as he walked up.

"your friend here called the police on me because he suspects abuse." maryann, her mom, spit out.

"well, if michael called the cops. it's because he has reasonable doubt." ashton concluded. "are you abusing your daughter?"

"no of course not. i'm offended you would even ask." she yelled.

"i'm going to have security stay here with you while i go check on ophelia." i spoke as i walked off.

ophelia's pov

i opened my eyes slowly and saw i was in a hospital bed.

i quickly shot up and made sure i still had my clothes on. i only covered the visible bruises, not the ones hidden by clothes.

i sighed when i saw my clothes were still on. i saw an IV in my arm and immediately felt myself becoming pale.

i hated needles.

i reached down to pull it out when i felt a hand suddenly stop me.

"woah! you definitely do not want to pull out an IV like that." spoke a doctor with piercing blue eyes and longer curly hair.

"who are you?" i asked as i stared up at him.

"my name is dr. luke hemmings. i was just coming in to listen to your heart." he smiled softly.

"do you know michael?" i asked as i sat back.

"yep! he's my roommate and best friend." he smiled as he grabbed his stethoscope and listened.

"healthy!" luke laughed as he pulled away.

i heard the door open and michael and ashton come inside.

"what's wrong?" i asked.

"ashton needs to have a word with you. luke and i need to step out real quick." michael spoke softly.

i saw luke give michael a confused expression before following behind him.

"what's going on?" i spoke softly a lot more scared than i was before.

"one of our staff has contacted the police because they suspect abuse. i don't want to push it and am here only if you need a way out, but are you being abused?" ashton asked slowly.

i looked at him and quickly down at my hands.

did i want to tell the truth and be free or did i want to continue living in this hell hole?

"i-i can't answer that." i mumbled.

"ophelia. abuse is extremely serious and if it's happening not only is it a crime, but the longer it goes on the more detrimental it is for you." he replied.

"did my mom confess to anything?" i asked.

"no. she's claiming no abuse is going on." he spoke slowly.

i stayed silent before responding, "then nothing is going on. i appreciate the concern, but you can call the police and tell them they don't need to come."
i spoke firmly.

ashton stared at me for a couple seconds before nodding and standing up. "when you're ready. you have four doctors who are willing to help you out."

i rolled over on my side and felt tears come into my eyes as i curled into a ball.

i heard the door open again and calum walk in slowly.

"i just wanted to let you know that you have no internal bleeding and you should be good to go in a day or two." he spoke simply.

he was about to leave the room before he spoke up, "we have some on the best doctors in the world who have your back if you are being abused. i'm sure ashton told you this, but abuse is serious and hurtful. if you're experiencing it all you need to do is say it. i can keep you here legally for the next 2 days, think about it."