𝟒𝟖

Frankie found herself taking a nap on the couch, needing to relax now that they were so close to getting what they wanted.

Last night, Han, Brian, Roman and Dom went out to get the police cars that would help go unseen. Dom's idea of being 'invisible' and they knew it would work. No one would suspect police cars; they would blend in and make everything so much easier.

The four raced and Brian ended up winning, but it didn't sound right to Frankie.

How did Dom lose to Brian?

That wasn't logical or even possible.

No one believed it.

Roman and Han informed her that it was Dom letting Brian claim the one thing he had been waiting years for.

That sounded more believable to Frankie than Brian winning because he was better than her brother.

Brian didn't want to believe that Dom let him win. He's been waiting years to beat him, especially after that shit show of a race back when he was working with the FBI.

He wasn't going to let that win go.

He should.

Han noticed that Frankie was asleep on the couch, looking exhausted and peaceful at the same time. He couldn't help the smile on his face.

They were having a barbecue tonight because they hadn't had one in a long time and it was nice to have the family together on a Sunday like old times. Another reason why Frankie knew that it was the perfect time to take a nap.

She didn't want to be involved in helping Mia prepare things for tonight, so instead of helping her sister with the shopping, she took a nap.

Mia would be fine.

She had a list and enough money to get them what they needed.

There was no need for Frankie to go with her when she could lay on the couch in peace, even though everyone else was making a noise.

Usually, she'd be helping Dom with the car, but today she was going to rest. It was the Sabbath. God would want her to close her eyes for a few hours.

She felt good about her life for the first time in a long time.

This was going to work.

They couldn't afford to fail.

Frankie was going to be confident and positive, which she found hard to do. She wanted to say it was because she was the type of person to analyse different outcomes, and think clearly about a situation but honestly, she was just negative if it wasn't already obvious.

Han left Dom for a moment, heading towards the sleeping woman on the couch. He crouched down in front of her, brushing strands of hair out of her face and across her smooth cheek.

She smiled, slowly opening her eyes once she recognised his touch.

She loved it when he touched her.

He had such delicate hands.

Frankie's eyes were soft as she looked at his face, reaching out to grab his hand and pull him onto the couch. He sat beside her body and hunched over to give her a kiss, which she accepted.

Han placed his hand on the side of her face as she moved her body into his, not caring if everyone else saw them.

They were in love and happy.

There's no one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with more than Han.

They pulled away the minute they heard a commotion. The clanking of tools made them turn around, Brian was storming over to Vince who was standing behind Mia, making Roman immediately tighten his grip on the wrench in his hand as tight as he could in case a fight broke out.