𝟔

Frankie was the first one up this morning. She found herself getting ready and coming downstairs to see Vince, Jesse and Leon sprawled out in the living room.

There were beer bottles and empty cans all over the place, and chip packets and other wrappers joined them.

Frankie wanted to throw water on them for destroying her father's house, ultimately deciding against it because she was in a rush. She had a visit to make now that she was at home.

There was someone that she needed to see before the summer was over.

She didn't want to waste another minute with the people who didn't care to contact her.

Unlike the rest of them, James had been by Frankie's side since her father died.

He constantly called her, sent her little care packages, and even visited campus a few times to take her out for lunches and dinners.

He filled in for Dom because Dom was doing only God knows what while she had been away.

When she left it was always about family and loyalty, Dom promising that he would see her every weekend. He broke his promise several times.

It hurt her to know that she wasn't his main priority anymore.

After Frankie graduated high school, James didn't feel the need to stick around anymore and moved to the beach.

He currently resides there in a house he had built while staying with the children.

 Frankie hadn't seen it yet, so she was very excited to be going there for the first time.

It took her three buses and a ten-minute walk to get to his place, liking how cozy it looked as she stood at the end of the driveway. He did well for himself as a former drug addict and ex-con.

Frankie was proud of him.

James had been through so much in his life, so having a friend like Jack Toretto was rare.

He was the only friend who stuck by James' side when he went through withdrawals and pushed the man to get clean. He gave him that nudge he needed to turn his life around and turn himself into the police for a crime that he had committed several years before his substance abuse.

James never believed that Jack was truly dead.

Not until the funeral did he find himself unable to stop all the tears running down his face.

And James never thought of himself as a good man.

He always hated his life and himself for all the horrible things that he did.

For Jack to appoint him as a career for his children after his passing, meant the world to him and he knew that he didn't let his best friend down.

He did well in making sure they stayed out of trouble all those years ago. Unfortunately, he couldn't be certain if they remained with staying out of trouble. He'd tried to keep an eye on Dom and Mia while Frankie'd been away, but they were good at keeping secrets.

Frankie kept no secrets from James.

He was like her therapist.

She had a lot of thoughts.

Thoughts that proved she wasn't healthy mentally.

She adjusted the bag on her shoulder, walked up to the door and rang the bell. The house was nice enough to even have a bell. The door swung open immediately after she pressed the button, revealing the man she always thought was like a father to her.