𝟓 🌶️

Frankie found herself on the porch, needing a little quiet as she read one of her textbooks and made notes.

She could still hear their small party as it began to grow wild with just the six of them in the backyard. No matter how small, they would always make it a wild night.

Frankie just wasn't feeling it tonight.

Maybe if she had a drink she could join them.

The girl didn't want to be sucking the fun out of their party by joining in while being sober. She would just enjoy the porch, looking out at the neighbourhood every once in a while.

The streets were peaceful tonight, only the softest buzz from the street lamps could be heard along with the light wind.

This view was better than the one she had at college.

They were the same streets that she would run around in with her neighbourhood friends, some of whom weren't here anymore. It was kind of bittersweet being back here, even though she hadn't been gone for very long. It all just felt so foreign to her.

She felt like such an outcast.

She didn't belong here and everyone could see how uncomfortable she was.

She'd been gone for too long.

Honestly, it wasn't her responsibility to make sure that her siblings checked up on her. They should be missing her, and it didn't even feel like they were.

It was one of the reasons why she and Vince would never work out.

He didn't call either.

Frankie remembered the phone call she received from an unknown source a few months ago. She answered it, only to be met with breathing before they hung up.

Something like that should creep anyone out, she didn't feel that way about the call.

Something gave her a feeling that whoever was on the line just didn't know what to say.

It was like they knew who she was and she knew who they were.

Only one person came to mind, if it were anyone else she would know.

The girl was very good at remembering people, especially when it came to the way they breathe and he had a certain way of expelling oxygen from his lungs. She knew because she would watch him sleep after he would cry himself to sleep, claiming that he was sleeping in her bed just to keep her company.

Jakob had been in so much pain when their father died.

Frankie would watch him all night, his pillow drenched in tears and it broke her heart.

He was such a good brother.

That's why she knew it was him who called her that day.

And she tried, she tried to call him back and speak to him for the first time in ten years. He never picked up. It made her feel like she did something to make him leave.

Once she graduates college, she promises herself that she will find him and help him if he needs it.

That's what sisters are for.

The young woman continued to sit on the porch, minding her own business.

Only to be interrupted by the front door swinging open to reveal the tipsy man, arms showcasing his man tattoos and toned muscles. He had a beer in his hand, opening it with his teeth before spitting the top onto the ground.

Frankie sighed, "You drunk?"

She asked as her pen glided over her notebook after she turned away from him.