𝟑𝟏

Frankie didn't answer him with words, only with the frown that appeared on her face as she looked at him. 

She could not stay here. 

The silence was so loud that Han just got up from the bed and left her to sit there. 

He knew that she was still going to leave when she could stay and they could build a life together, something that they both wanted. Frankie didn't want that if meant that Han would disown her and their child if she told him the truth. 

It wouldn't be right for them to be together without their son.

Their son who she wanted to get to know and love. She wanted Han to do the same. She wanted him to be like her father, someone for their son to look up to and idolise. 

It was times like this when Frankie missed her father more than anything. 

She had no parenting skills whatsoever. She was sure that Han didn't have any either. She wasn't going to put up a fight with him about it, explaining to him her reasons for leaving. She didn't need to justify her decision when he didn't contact her for five years after abandoning her in her time of need. 

She called him and left him a message, and he didn't even bother to call her back to tell her that he was okay. Frankie cried herself to sleep on most nights and he didn't care. 

That's not how relationships worked. 

However, she didn't want to leave the Dominican Republic in a fight with the man she was in love with. And she loved him with her entire heart and soul. He was the first person she'd felt this way about.

Frankie got out of bed, walking towards him as he put his pants on. She wrapped her arms around his torso, pressing her front to his back and her lips to the nape of his neck. 

He sighed, "I know you have every reason to leave, but I wanted to be your reason to stay." 

It was corny. Still, he needed to say it. 

"I wasn't your reason to stay, Han. I begged you, remember? I cried for you. I cried every day after you were gone, too. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, you should know that by now." 

It was supposed to lighten the mood, but it didn't.

Han knew that this was all his fault, now he was losing her. He didn't even know for how long. 

He turned around in her grasp, looking into her soft eyes. There was nothing he wanted more than to have her by his side every day. He wanted to spend every second with her, loving her, kissing her, touching her, and just being there for her since he wasn't there for the last five years. 

It was clear that her mind had been made up. 

He was to blame for this. He was the one who ran when he realised how serious things were getting because he thought that she wouldn't want to be with him after everything he had done. 

He was wrong. 

He was always wrong about these things. 

He brought his hands to either side of her face, "I love you."

His words hurt her heart, making it ache and throb with pain.  It just wasn't enough anymore. She needed time. Or, she could just tell him right now. She could tell him that they had a son and go from there. 

She could be honest. 

For once in her life, she had the greatest opportunity, to be honest with him.