Chapter Forty Three | Love Is In The Air

"Drishti!"

"Drishti!"

Upon hearing that voice she had to stop, turning around slowly after forcing her features in a calm and polite look, Drishti raised her eyebrows with a fake smile, "Yes?"

Vrushali held a humble look as the two approached her, the wide smile on Karn's face had Drishti in knot, as she didnt know whether that smile was because of having spotted her of because of the girl beside him.

"Remember Vrushali?" Karn asked as they finally stood in front of her. How could she forget that face, "Ofcourse, I do."

"Pranipat." Vrushali joined her hands but causing Drishti to go a little awkward. She turned back to Karn without replying to Vrushali, "What is she doing here?"

Calm down, Drishti. Her brain told her as her words came out harsher than expected. Karn's smile fell as he spoke, "When I went to stop the people from leaving Hastinapur, Vrushali was among them too and her family left for Khandavprastha but she couldnt cross the gate because of the heavy crowd, Rajmata Kunti arrived there just in time and asked me to bring her to the castle and later on safely drop her to Khandavprastha to her family.

Oh, That explained those tears and Karn trying to cheer her up, Drishti attempted to smile at Vrushali while her eyes occassionally checked if they stood far enough from each other.

"Dont worry, Vrushali." Drishti said holding Vrushali's hand and pulling her towards her so that now she stood farther away from Karn. She was possesive, what could anybody do about it? "I am sure, Angraj will drop you safely to your family, till then you can stay here without any hesitation."

Karn advised they shall all go to Kunti's room as she had asked him to bring Vrushali there. Upon entering the room, Kunti could be seen writing a letter with a teary smile. She looked up on hearing the three enter her room.

"Angraj Karn," Kunti stood up brightly rolling the parchment and approached them, "I was waiting for you."

Karn smiled politely at Kunti while Drishti managed to stand between him and Vrushali without being noticed.

"You shall leave for Khandavprastha now with this girl," Kunti said and offered the roll of parchment to him, "And will you please do me a favour to give this letter to my sons?"

"I wont say no to you, Rajmata," Karn said and Kunti smiled even more brightly, before he continued, "But you shall remember my loyalty lies with Yuvraj Duryodhan, do you still trust me with your message for your sons."

Kunti's smile dropped and Drishti pitied the woman. Kunti stared at him and moved to the corner of the room where a burning fire pot was kept and threw her letter in it, Drishti almost gasped as the beautiful paper turned into ashes.

Drishti didnt know if she was supposed to hear what they would talk now, so she quickly excused herself from there with Vrushali going to the balcony of the room while Karn and Kunti talked inside, Kunti telling him her message.