Chapter Hundred and Six

After the Pandavas completed Abhimanyu and Ghatotkach's last rites and had been gravely hurt with their loss, they had been planning on killing Jaydrath as he had been the actual planner of Abhimanyu's death by deceiving all of them

Arjun had vowed to kill Jaydrath himself because of everything he had done to his son and his wife. How could they all forget that Jaydrath was the one because of whom this whole war was taking place.

He had been the reason behind Drishti's dishonor all those years ago and the death of her unborn child and now he was also responsible for the death of Abhimanyu. It was time for justice to be brought to that vile man.

After the midnight of the thirteenth war day, Drishti walked in her shared room to find her husband asleep on the bed. It was probably two at night, and he was asleep so deeply, though during dinner she did hear him mentioning to Chitrangada that he was exhausted and wanted to be left alone and right now after having a bath from the disheartening day, he had simply fallen asleep. An oil lamp kept on the bed side table was the only illuminating source in the whole room, forcing a dim light.

Staring at her husband, sleeping soundlessly, she couldnt help but think how the last few days had been so hard on him. He lost two of his sons, the burden of doing what he did to Pitamah and just everything. If anyone, in her eyes, he was the one who was suffering the most. And how could she forget it was because of her.

Tears had become her companion 24/7 now, ever since the war became. She was always overwhelmed and right now wasnt feeling any different. She didnt know if she would ever be able to apologise enough for what he has lost because of her. There was nothing she could do that would compensate for it all.

Letting out a breath shakily, she made her way towards him, stopping at the end of the bed sitting down at the edge beside his feet. Tears welled in her eyes, glowing because of the oil lamp. Though it was dark but the room was still illuminated enough for everything to be seen clearly. Her gaze fell on his feet and before she knew she was massaging them, slowly, gently. She had always seen Draupadi and other women doing the same for their husbands every night now, and a part of her wanted to do it for him as well. 

She never found it anything to be ashamed of. Though this was criticised a lot in her era but even then she didnt know what was wrong in touching the feet of the person you cared for, even without expecting it to be done in return for you, because if you expect it in return then maybe its not pure what you have for that person in your heart. It was, for her, an act of love and devotion, so why not. She had even heard about Krishna doing the same for Radha.

And she wanted to do it for, her husband. Glancing up at his face she could see he was really exhausted, the lines on his forehead were enough to tell that, his feet muscle stiff and cold. She wondered if he was cold and should get a blanket for him but the weather did say otherwise. It was scorching even at night. Her hands worked softly messaging his feet careful enough to not disturb his sleep. She didnt know if that was doing anything better but for the moment she wanted to ease even the little pain she could. He was really deep asleep or by now he would have woken up.