Chapter Hundred and Nine

"Sometimes I do feel like you'll be the reason of my death

"Sometimes I do feel like you'll be the reason of my death." Dushasan's voice boomed through Drishti's ears as she jolted up from sleep with a loud gasp, covered in cold sweat and panted breathlessly. Her wide haunted eyes looking around as her hand reached up to her neck unable to decipher her surrounding but realising in a while that she was in her room in the camp of Kurukshetra.

She looked around to see, Drashika was sound asleep beside her, it was just the two of them in the room as she recalled last night falling asleep having Arjun by their side. He must have left early for the war as she could see out from the window it was soon to be dawn.

With her limbs faintly shaking and throat scratching, due to the recent scare from another dreadful dream, she reached out of the bed for a glass of water from the bed stand but due to her hands shaking, the glass slipped, falling and making noise waking Drashika up with a groan.

Still a little petrified from that familiar voice of Dushasan still sounding repeatedly in her head with those words and his face, she rushed towards Drashika whispering, "Its alright Drashika, sleep, its not morning yet."

Makin sure Drashika was back to sleeping, Drishti with her breathing still wavering and eyes still widely open, slipped down hugging her knees supported by the bed. Her limbs shivered with the intensity of scare she just had from the dream. It wasnt like any of her nightmares, no bloodshed, no killing, no one dying. Just a merry memory with a supposed joke giving her one of the scariest experience somehow. 

The past haunts more than the present and future combined. And it was true. She gulped down in her arid throat, tears filling up in her eyes, hands and legs starting to shake wildly as she couldnt stop her mind racing with the same sentence again and again. She didnt know what was happening to her. To be honest it was quiet frequent but this time she felt like it wont let her breathe, ever.

And for a moment, she fell completely stiff and silent, realising it was the sixteenth day of the war and what it marked.

Dushasan death.

She knew of it after hearing Bheem claim the same thing last night, which filled whole her night with recalling the haunting past despite trying very hard not to. The more she remembered, the it hurt.

How can anyone stay calm knowing someone who was once very close to their heart, was going to leave them soon, for ever. In the moments like these, people are often compelled to remember the good side of the person despite how much they did them wrong in the past. The heart always craves for happiness and love and maybe thats why it gets simply impossible to hate someone completely.

Drishti knew she was a complete mess from inside and why wouldnt she be? The person with whom she had shared those genuine moments of happiness once, was going to die. Even the thought of it scared her to death.

How could she forget the time when she arrived here in the first place, in this world, which was completely different from where she came, Dushasan was one of the people who made her feel like home in that completely unknown place.