Chapter Nineteen | Crush

"Oh my god!" Drishti gasped loudly standing in the middle of the beautifully decorated assembly hall, her hands went to clamp over her mouth in amazement "Hey wait– why did I sound like Janice?–"

"Who is Janice? Weird name" Dushala piped in with a confused look, Drishti rolled her eyes and said "Chandler's ex."

Dushala made a face of an 'o' in understanding, in all the days she had spent with Dushala, her new best friend, she made sure to make her know about everything she likes, and FRIENDS show was one of them. And even right now Drishti was wearing one of Rachel's outfit being subjected to many weird glances, but there was one thing special about her, she never gave a shit about anything.

Those who could see always made a weird, confused and disgusted face due to Drishti's outfit meanwhile Mata Gandhari who didnt know about it at all, laughed happily while the two girls joked around.

"Hey what's going on there?" Drishti asked pointing to group of women who had sat down just at the entrance of the hall, Dushala glanced in the direction and answered "Oh they are making the flower rangoli."

"Rangoli.." Drishti hummed seeing her face Dushala raised her eyebrows in an incredulous expression exclaiming "Dont tell me in your era Rangolis also have become extinct!"

"No they haven't," Drishti replied quickly and seemed to be recalling something in her mind with a slightly pained look, "I remember when we all used to live together, I always made rangolis on Diwali—"

"We?" Dushala asked, Drishti glanced at her and answered with an almost expression less plane face, "Mom, Dad, Dada– Dadi and I, we"

"Then where do they live now Putri?" Gandhari startled the two girls slightly upon coming behind them and they did not even realise. Drishti's breath hitched not knowing how she was suppossed to tell the truth of her broken family.

"What happened to your parents Drishti?" Gandhari asked in her soft voice again slightly urging her, Drishti sighed before beginning to speak, "My mother and father dont live together, they are separated, I used to live with my grandparents but they died too, so I practically live all alone."

This earned a sharp gasp from both the ladies, they couldnt believe that this was even possible too. Dushala asked shocked, "So you dont meet your parents at all?"

"Erm, we call each other on festivals, my father sends money—"

"But they dont come to meet you?" She was interrupted by Gandhari and her silence provided the answer. She was thankful atleast the woman in front of her couldnt see how her face turned sore and she tried to stay calm. But Dushala could see her struggling to not break down ss she reached out to bring her in a small warm hug earning a soft laugh from the girl.

"Okay, now lets get back to work, alright?" Drishti pulled away cheerfully blinking away the tears which came into her eyes. Dushala nodded smiling and scurried off but as Drishti was about to leave after her as well but was stopped by Gandhari holding her hand.