Chapter Fifty Eight

Drishti was just walking by the hallways of the grand castle of Kalinga, in the guest house side when on reaching to her and her friend's side of temporary residence, she heard a voice

"How long do you think she is going to stay mad at me?" Halting in her steps and peeking from behind a wall, she saw it was Dushasan who said that to Snowy sitting on his arm who did a shrug with his feathers.

"I would never say this to her," Dushasan spoke after a couple of seconds again with a saddened look, "But I miss talking to her and it just feels so boring and awful now."

Drishti's eyebrows knitted up slightly in confusion, wondering if he was talking about Kritika. She knew he missed her a lot and watching him in misery like that killed her too. But she was always reminded of what he had done to Kritika, and that she could never forgive him fro that.

"You know Snowy," Dushasan murmured scratching Snowy's feathers, "At this stage I feel so alone. Like I have nobody by my side. Bhratashree and everyone are busy all the time, Dushala is gone, she had gone too," Drishti knew whom he meant by she, it was evident in his eyes, "And Drishti's isnt talking to me either."

She watched curiously, feeling bad for the way he sounded. He sighed and continued, "I know I deserve to be treated like this for what I have done and Drishti is doing right by staying mad at me like this but—" His voice cracked, "— I feel so lonely. It hurts to watch my best friend being mad at me. I wish for once she tried to understand why I did that." 

Drishti felt her throat go dry at the sight, seeing Dushasan extremely sad. "I had no choice or I wouldnt have ever let her go," He said and for a split second Drishti felt like he was going to cry, "I always wanted to give her the best life I could and spend whole my life by her side but I realised what she would have to go through and I just couldnt let that happen to her."

Partially, Drishti couldnt understand what he was talking about. All she could see was that he missed her and Kritika both, a lot. One had left his side long ago, while the other was always there around him but there was still a lot of distance put between them.

She never said it loud out too, but it killed her to not go to her best friend in every little while and talk about every tiny bit of senseless shit. She missed laughing with him, strolling around with him, behaving like they were little kids who always faught and patched up even more quickly.

A friend's place in a person's life is always something which has no extent of explanation, the more you think about it the more it makes you smile on having that person in your life regardless of any reason. Just their existence is enough to brighten up your day and put you in a happy place.

And she missed all of it.

He too.

Her lips quivered slightly turning back from their, as she hoped that the heartburn between the two would soon dissolve off and they'd be back to being best friends again.