Chapter Thirty Five | Falling In Love

Hey... Sorry for late update, I have been very busy...

"Why have we come here?" Drishti asked irritated to Draupadi "This is not even a ritual!"

"Ofcourse it is!" Draupadi whisper exclaimed wide eyed "Gauri Poojan is one of the most important ritual. The bride to be needs to pray for an ideal husband."

"But Dushala's already chosen that man! How does this even makes sense? Its not like he'll become an ideal man overnight." Drishti muttered grumpily.

"Hush and pray for a husband for yourself as well." Draupadi whispered joining her hands and closing her eyes causing Drishti to wonder if she wanted more husbands.

"But who ever said I want a husband or to ever get married?" Drishti said this out loud suddenly causing the few ladies that had gathered in the temple to turn to her wide eyed.

Dushala, who was sitting on floor completely dressed in red, opened her one eye in the mid of her prayer to shake her head at Drishti trying to control her laughter. She had already listened to her views on marriage multiple times.

"Drishti?" Gandhari stepped towards her "Why would you ever say such a thing?"

Um, because its my mouth? And my thought? And my rights? Drishti stayed quiet not hurting Gandhari with her sharp tongue because she was one of the sweetest women she knew.

"Yes Putri?" Kunti came to the other side, Drishti was stuck. "We thought if not Dushala's but we would get a chance to conduct atleast one swayamvar, and that's be yours."

"I am sorry to sound like that," Drishti apologised sheepishly knowing she could never bring the women of this era to believe in what she believed, so she fake complied with them everytime "I just wanted to say that I dont want get married, now. I will one day, but that day is so far away that I can barely see it coming in the time of a decade and half."

"You'll get married at thirty five?" Kamala, Drishti's personal maid gasped out of curiousity gaining a short side glare. "I will get married late but not wrong."

Drishti said that purposely glancing at Dushala who rolled her eyes pursing her lips, she knew Drishti still wasnt a fan of Jaydrath but was accepting him just because of Dushala' decision.

"Okay enough of those dialogues, Drishti" Gandhari tried scolding her which was like a normal tone to Drishti, she didnt mind getting scolded by her "Now close your eyes and pray for a good husband and marital life."

"Sure." Drishti nodded obediently, both Draupadi and Dushala knew it was fake sincerity. Drishti joined her hands and closed her eyes. Please god, grow my chipped nail back before Dushala's wedding, I dont want to have broken nails on her big day.

Kunti caressed Drishti's hair with a soft smile, Drishti smiled back and closed her eyes again. And please save her arrogant son from being murdered at my hands, jai mata di!