Chapter Twenty Two | The Anklet Thief

"I think I'll fall and drown in this river

"I think I'll fall and drown in this river." Drishti yawned to herself watching the almost rising sun. Today having woken herself with great difficulty in this early morning she waited for the purpose she was here.

"Drishti?" She turned around to the voice of Draupadi, seeing the new bride all dolled up in the morning while she was in her pajamas.

"Good Morning, beautiful" Drishti smiled cheekily bringing the woman in a short hug while Draupadi appeared confused and asked "Why have you called me here?"

"Listen Draupadi," Drishti began in all seriousness, "I know you are facing difficulty because people here are not accepting you because of what happened. But you and I both know this that you are not wrong or impure, I know you must be informed of this right?"

"Yes" Draupadi nodded slowly still confused. Drishti pulled up a confident smile and said "Then you just have to let people know of it, I know I am wrong at asking you to prove yourself to the world, but we dont have any other choice, I cannot watch you being looked at humiliatingly."

Draupadi smiled weakly before again pulling Drishti in a small hug, "It sometimes amazes me that you care for me so much."

"That I do," Drishti sang jokingly, "Okay so now go, Pitamah's there, go quick!"

"What?– How?—" Before Draupadi could complete her sentence Drishti already pushed her away "Go quick!"

Watching Draupadi go looking all confused and scared, Drishti just hoped everything to be right. She watched as Draupadi reached beside Pitamah while he was doing his morning prayers to the sun, he turned around to her and both began talking about something.

Everything happened so fast, Drishti watched Pitamah hold up palm full of water and offered it to the sun, which stayed floating in air which meant it wasnt accepted but when Draupadi reached forward to touch it, the barriers in the air broke and it was accepted. Only if Drishti could squeal in glee at the moment watching the look on Pitamah's face.

Finally, Drishti sighed in relief. She watched Draupadi and Pitamah talk for a few moments and judging from his expressions, Drishti could comprehend that he has now accepted Draupadi as the kulvadhu of Kuruvansh.

Pitamah turned to leave and Drishti had to hide a bit, so that she didnt come in his view, while Draupadi could be seen coming in her direction with a bright grateful smile. Drishti grinned widely "Congratulations!"

"Thankyou Drishti," Draupadi said in a small voice which was filled with emotions and held her hands "Thankyou so much for... Everything."

"Oh whatever, come lets go in, I have to complete my sleep" Drishti waved her hand rolling her eyes in a playful manner and linked their arms turning to go back while Draupadi chuckled.

Taking one glance behind her while walking, mentally wanting to admire the beauty of the river once more, Drishti turned her head a bit over her shoulder but her eyes were greeted by something else thst she didnt expect.