Chapter Seventy Seven

A soft sigh escaped Drishti's lips as she turned on bed to find a comfortable postion in her prolonged sleep

A soft sigh escaped Drishti's lips as she turned on bed to find a comfortable postion in her prolonged sleep. Stepping in the room, Arjun was met with the familiar sight of his wife which hadnt changed at all since last week. All she did was sleep. He chuckled shaking his head as he heard her groan into the pillow and went to what he came for in the room.

It had been almost a week since the Rajsuya yajna was performed that caused a lot of drama from Shishupal being killed and Duryodhan's weapon being taken alongwith everyone. Even when she tried to sound lesser harsh than Draupadi could have, she still knew she hurt her friends and that put her in a hell lot of depressed mood.

"Ugh!" She yelled suddenly shooting up on bed startling Arjun who was holding lots of scrolls in his hand which fell down in shock. He stared at her wide eyed, her hair on her face completely disheveled, with an angered look, she started throwing the jewellery which was irking her.

"Drishti, Drishti, DRISHTI!" He exclaimed suddenly as she tossed an earring out of the window highly irritated. He turned to the owl sitting on the window sill, "Get that Snowy."

Snowy flew out of the window frusterated, to get the earring which his owner just threw out due to her mood swings. Meanwhile Arjun approached her worried sitting at the edge of bed in front of her, "What happened Drishti?"

"I cant sleep." She muttered in a small voice while pulling her hair back he helped her to remove her hair out of  her face with a smile threatening to form on his face as he saw the butterfly hairpiece still there in her hair. She wore it and he couldnt have been happier, "You slept again after waking up early in the morning and its afternoon now. How much more do you want to sleep?"

"I dont know," She said barely opening her eyes, "I feel sleepy all the time."

He hummed and Snowy brough the earring back handing it to Arjun from his beak and flew out again before he would be told any other thing to do. Arjun collected all the jewellery and set it on the bed stand while she stood up, being barefoot as soon as she stood up a painful yelp erupted from her causing her to fall back to bed.

"Drishti, are you alright?!" He rushed back to her again and tears sprung up in her eyes as she held her foot, "Does it look like I am alright?"

"Sorry," He said in a small voice and bent down to see a ring lying down there on which Drishti probably stepped and hurt her foot. He turned to her with an anxious look, "Why are you so clumsy? Show me now, does it hurt too much?"

"No," She murmured, the edges of her lips pulling down mercilessly, "I am hungry and sleepy. I want those snacks which were made yesterday but they are all finished, Bhrata Bheem ate them all and when I went to kitchen Draupadi said that the food is already prepared and I should eat that, I thought she loved me," Her hands went up covering her face as she sobbed in them while he was finding it hard to not laugh, she continued with a muffled voice under her hands, "I dont know what is happening to me, I used to love every dish and snacks but I dont know why— please make those yesterday's snacks for me, Arjun."