Chapter One | The New World

She was somewhere else

Drishti rubbed her eyes mercilessly, not believing them, as what she was terrifying her a lot.

She sat on grass, an open place, with several green trees around her and a small pond just beside her, lots of colorful birds chirping melodiously, the cool breeze of nature so light and freshening that she wanted to fall asleep again and never wake up.

Everything so fresh, serene and surreal, her heart started beating faster and faster. She stood up pinching herself multiple times feeling like its was a dream going on.

She was not dreaming. It was confirmed by the red marks on her arms where she pinched and the loud yelp she let out upon feeling the pain.

Tears sprung up in her eyes. Where was she? How did this happen? Did someone kidnap her and brought her to a film set? Yes yes, this must be the truth, someone has kidnapped me!!

"No dear" Her breath hitched, eyes went wide as someone spoke this to her. Fear reaching to another level in her body, she briskly looked around worriedly not knowing or believing what was happening.

"Who is there!?" She shrieked in fear.

"I am a Gwala from Vrindavan" The peaceful voice again answered. She flinched in fear not being able to spot from where the voice was coming.

And firstly Vrindavan!? She lived in Mumbai!

"Why did you kidnap me!" She yelled with tears in her eyes looking around for the man who was talking to her.

"Kidnap you? hahaha!" The man laughed and his laughter was something Drishti felt was so divine that it felt like a music to the ears. But she resisted herself to fall in love with voice of her kidnapper.

"Why have you brought me here? What place is this? What have I ever done to you!?" She cried loudly.

There was silence the voice was not answering her anymore, she felt a rush of fear pass through her at the sudden eeryness. Her limbs freezing when a sudden gust of wind came out of nowhere, the birds went silent, and still everything felt so peaceful.

"Please! Who are you tell me? Why have you brought me here!" She called again desperately. Suddenly the water in the pond started swirling, the wind got even faster. She fell to her knees crying not knowing what was happening.

She froze on feeling a hand on her shoulder. Kidnapper! Her mind yelled.

With tears in her eyes she jerked around to see a man with a skin of gold, hair so black and beautiful, dressed in yellow clothes and beautiful jewels which no one might have seen ever, a gold flute in his hand which was so elegant that she fell in love with the designs on it. And lastly a peacock feather on the crown of the man.

His face looked so divine as that of a god, his eyes so enchantingly brown that someone might drown in them and never come out, his rosy lips crooked in a peaceful smile, he had a different kind of glow, that no cosmetic could ever give. She wondered why her kidnapper was so handsome and dramatic?