Chapter Eighteen | Vengeance

"I cant believe you cant wink stupid Drishti!" Dushasan exclaimed as he sat with his elder brother, sister and uncle in the beautiful lawn of the castle while the girl from future scowled at him making an annoyed face as she was trying to learn h...

"I cant believe you cant wink stupid Drishti!" Dushasan exclaimed as he sat with his elder brother, sister and uncle in the beautiful lawn of the castle while the girl from future scowled at him making an annoyed face as she was trying to learn how to wink from the expert Mamashri.

"Not everyone's like you who keeps winking at the maids!" Drishti shot back causing Dushasan to give her an incredulous look as he had been accused for wearing a frock.

"I never winked at maids! How could you even say that!" Dushasan exclaimed in disbelief causing all of them to burst out in laughter. Duryodhan tried to calm him brother down by saying "Dont worry Dushasan we believe in you, Drishti is just pulling your leg"

"She loves troubling everyone." Dushasan grumpled sitting back down enjoying his sweets, while Drishti continued to be taught how to wink in Mamashri's style but everytime failed miserably causing Dushasan to make fun of her but surprisingly Mamashri stood up to her defense.

"Shut up Bhanje Dushasan, Drishti is doing pretty well if you ask me." Mamashri said feeding Drishti a small sweet lovingly from Dushasan's plate causing him to get offended. Drishti grinned in victory wiggling her eyebrows at Dushasan who was slightly pissed.

"Why do you always take her side?" Dushasan argued to his uncle. "Why has she suddenly became so dear to you?"

Drushti turned to Mamashri for the answer to Dushasan's question she too was eager to know about it. Mamashri just smiled at her before answering, "Because seeing Drishti I always think that if i had a daughter she would be just like Drishti, naughty, childish. I always feel like Drishti is the daughter that I never had."

"Please you are going to make me cry!" Drishti exclaimed playfully yet emotionally and was enveloped in a small hug by him causing all of them to laugh. Recalling her old life Drishti declined the urge to tell them that she never really had a father, he father was always so distant from her and she hadnt met him since ages.

"Yuvraj, you are all called in the assembly hall by Mahamahim, he has to make some special announcement." A maid came and informed them causing all of them to fall into questioning as to why would Pitamah call everybody in the mid noon.

"What could it be?" Dushala asked as confused as everybody. All of them stood up going inside the castle but Drishti still had to push Dushasan lightly exclaiming "You are stepping on my foot Dush!"

"Ugh! I hate you!"

***

"The Pandavas are returning tomorrow!" Bhishma Pitamah announced with extreme happiness and proudness. Sitting in the great assembly hall, Drishti watched various expressions on people's face.

The ladies being delighted, Gandhari and Dushala hugging each other in happiness. Kaka Vidhur too looked extremely happy watching the people of the town starting to dance in glee.