Chapter Ninety Four

"Did you find out, Dushasan?" Duryodhan asked to his brother who stepped in with a furious look on his face, reflecting his irritation

"No, Bhratashri," Dushasan huffed taking a seat in front of Duryodhan, "Those goons wont tell because they dont know themselves who payed them to set fire to Drishti's ashram."

"The aim was clearly to kill Drishti." Duryodhan drawled, frowning deeply, "Who it might be?"

"The only person who has been after her since all these years for no reason."

Both Duryodhan and Dushasan turned to the source of voice that came from the entrance of the room and saw who entered.

"Mamashri?"

Duryodhan stood up alongwith his brother clear that both were not expecting him at that moment. It had almost been a year since Mamashri stayed at Hastinapur and ever visited them. Over the years, his visits to Hastinapur had declined a great deal and everybody knew the reason of it, that tragic day fifteen years ago.

But now it was necesary for him to come back to Hastinapur, the Pandavas were returning, today.

"What do you mean by what you said earlier, Mamashri?" Dushasan asked after both brother tooks his blessings.

A frown dawned upon Duryodhan's face, "Yes Mamashri, who would try to kill Drishti in that fire?" 

"Sindhraj," Mamashri breathed out, his eyes reflecting the deep storms of anger as he took that name, "There is no one in the whole Hastinapur who would be insane enough to do such a thing. Since beginning, Sindhraj has despised Drishti for no reason, he just wanted to toy with her life and he is doing it."

Duryodhan stared at his uncle with a hard unblinking gaze. He found himself agreeing to what Mamashri just said. "So are you trying to say, Sindhraj has been the villain all along?"

"Yes," Mamashri nodded watching the color fade away from the faces of his nephews as realisation dawned upon them. They just couldnt believe how blind they have been the whole time. Of course it had all been in front of their eyes but they were so blinded by Jaydrath's manipulation resulting now they have lost everything.

"We should kill him already then!" Dushasan sneered his hand quickly reaching for his sword but was stopped by Mamashri, "Even if he dies now, it wont solve anything. Pandavas will still rage a war for what they have lost, for Drishti."

"Then what should we do? We cant stop them from taking their revenge." Duryodhan said with a look of helplessness yet acceptance. It was clear he held nothing against them anymore.

"We will seek our revenge." Mamashri said inhaling sharply with an unreadable look.

****

"Drashika please check once if the gates are readied and decorated." Drishti's restless voice boomed through the ashram while all the kids could be seen running everywhere adorning the rebuilt ashram which was readied in just two days because of the King of Dwarka, Krishna.