Chapter Thirty Seven | A Father's Love

"I dont know how come you lose precious things like that," Dushala shook her head at a sheepish Drishti, "If I were in your place my mother would scold me like I had burned the whole castle down!"

"You are doing the same with me, Mother." Drishti pointed out squinting her eyes at her motherly best friend. Dushala rolled her eyes with a smile, handing Drishti another pair of her beautiful anklets, "So even before getting married, I am a mother to a twenty one year old. Gosh, I feel so old suddenly."

"You will feel older when your husband will ask you to color his grey hair!—" Drishti's voice was muffled as a pillow came flying in her direction and hit her right in her face by Dushala, the great aimer.

Drishti smiled as she walked purposely jingling her new anklets as she liked the sound of those better now. Her smile widened in mischief as she saw who was coming in her direction. "Sup, bro?"

Dushasan thought for a reply but ended up forgetting it, "Elephants."

"What?!" Drishti exclaimed with a scrunched face, Dushasan shrugged confused, "What you just said meant, 'Whats your favourite animal?' right?"

Drishti sighed flatly, "Nevermind."

"Drishti," Dushasan spoke as the two walked together, she hummed for him to continue, "Do you need a sahayika?"

"Are you willing to be?"

Dushasan shortly glared at her before saying, "I have someone in mind if you need."

"I dont think I need any, you see I have already got four dasis, I dont want more, it makes me feel bad I dont why, also I am already lazy enough. What for would I need a sahayika?" Drishti said nonchalantly.

"I have someone in mind, if you want—"

"But I dont want any—"

"Hire Kritika as your sahayika!"

Drishti stared at the man suddenly halting, a teasing grin dawning upon her face as she understood his intentions. "You like her so much in just two meetings that now you want to see her all the time in castle, why dont you just go and marry her?"

Dushasan immediately looked around to make sure no one heard that loud rant of Drishti or he'll be dead. "Keep your voice down and I dont want to marry her or anything, stopping talking nonsense!"

"Sure, sure," Drishti grinned cheekily,  "Dont worry, I will ask your mother if I can hire a sahayika of my choice."

Dushasan tried to hide his grateful grin but ended up showing it to her and she laughed loudly. A little while later, both Drishti and Dushasan were found sitting with Duryodhan and Mamashree, who claimed he had a head ache, so Drishti began massaging his head even after he insisted her not to.